• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with XPS 710 System

CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700
    Motherboard: nForce 570 SLI
    Bios Ver: 1.4.1

I just purchased 2 sets of F26400CD5D-4GBPQ. When i installed to my computer, it booted to windows, but turned off after 5 min. At first i thought it was faulty memory so i did a memtest on them one by one. all of them passed. When i put a pair of g.skill memory into dimm slot 2 and 4 it runs fine and passes the memtest with no problems, but when i insert the same memory into slot 1 and 3 the memtest crashes. I thought that the dimm slots were faulty, but my old memory works fine. Only other possible problem that i know of is that the memory speeds of 800 is not compatible with my motherborard. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated on how to solve this issue. All my friends swears by g.skill memory and i would like to keep them if i can.

The mobo is rated at 667 for DRAM so you could try decreasing the speed to 667 and tightening up the timings which wouldn't really result in any overall performance loss. Also to run all 4 sticks may have to increase the NB Voltage by about .15 to .2. Also check your tRFC, may need slight adjustment.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Its a newbie question, but how do you change the timing and speed of the memory?

Comment

Go into the BIOS (believe it's press the DELETE key on your mobo) as it starts to boot up and you'll have menus that will let you get into the DRAM Speed and timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Unfortunately my stupid motherboard does not have that setting. I believe dell made the motherboard so people can't adjust any settings.

Comment

The memory should be plug and play, so it is odd that you have a problem especially in only slots 2 and 4. This computer should easily be capable of DDR2-800 CL4 2.0V and even DDR2-1066 CL5..

Only thing I could suggest is try a different kit to see if problem persists.

Performance DDR2-800

F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B (better one)

Keep us posted on the results, I always like to know the outcome of these odd situations.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X