Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 sticks of F28000CL5D-4GBPQ purchased 2.5 years apart..work together??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 sticks of F28000CL5D-4GBPQ purchased 2.5 years apart..work together??

Hi,

Motherboard: DFI Bloodiron P35 T2RL
    CPU: Q6600
    Memory: Gskill F28000CL5D-4GBPQ Purchased 2-1-2008
    Gskill F28000CL5D-4GBPQ Purchased 9-17-2010

Each kit works when installed but if I put all four sticks in together it will no longer post.

Will these sticks all work together?

If so I would appreciate a little advice on the RAM voltage and timing settings in the BIOS.

Thanks

A few thoughts, not so much the sticks together as CPU is rated 1066 native and you have the P35 chipset, if running the sticks @ stock 1000 speed, may need to OC the CPU to 3 GHz or so (1333 FSB), or possibly drop the speed of the RAM to 800. Your mobo, the DFI only supports up to 800 DRAM. Also may want to try increasing the voltage to the NB to give a little extra kick to your MC (memory controller) and/or the sticks themselves (2.1 - 2.15) and may want to check your RAM timings, if base timings are at stock, check your tRFC, probably want it about 88-90.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It worked! Set the memory timings manually to 5-5-5-15, voltage 2.15 and upped the NB voltage a bit. And set the FSB to 356 with a 5:6 divider.

Thank you for your advice!

Comment

Sounds good, @ 356 FSB your probably okay w/ the stock heat sink, but might want to consider a third party one if the CPU temps start to get out of hand.. Shouldn't, but keep an eye on it.

Have a gud 1 !
        Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X