• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs with Biostar A785G3 and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ kit

Model of the motherboard: Biostar A785G3
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz

What is the problem?
    Multiple different BSODs and system deadlocks, usually after a few hours of operation, but occasionally it will go a day without a failure, and occasionally it crashes within minutes of startup. Mostly 0x24 and 0x1a BSODs, with a few others peppered in.

Using 9-9-9-24 timings at 1.5 V (had to set manually in BIOS--it tried to overclock by default).

So far this _seems_ to be isolated to one of the two sticks in the kit. Should I assume this is going to require an RMA, or should I be using different timings with this mobo?

lemur,

a couple of first steps;

are you running the latest bios released for you motherboard? if not i'd recommend flashing to the latest release

then at some point you need to run each of your modules through some testing using Memtest 86+ version 4.10

each module should be tested for 6-8 hours, the longer the better. if one or both of your sticks fail memtest then you should request an rma
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

The CPU does not fully support DDR3-1600, so that can be a problem as well. Make sure you raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V and that should help.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X