Asus p5kc 1066 issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wevsspot View Post
    At the risk of jumping in uninvited........

If your system is running for four hours before Prime95 gets a rounding error it is likely a heat or cpu voltage issue (or a combination of both)

If your memory passes Memtest, but you fail Prime after extended testing, you need to be looking at other hardware causes because I doubt that it's the memory causing your issues.

On a side note your memory should be installed in DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 (the yellow slots).

What type of cpu cooling are you using? The stock Intel? If so heat is almost definitely the culprit at 3.0Ghz on a Q6600........................

Stress the system again with Prime and tell me the max cpu temp as reported by CoreTemp or RealTemp.
    Im using a Cooler master HyperTX2, and the max temps are 44?C in full stress, and 3.0Ghz on a Q6600 its not too much, other people push him to 3.6, 4.0 easily. Im never overheat this processor. The max temps he reachs was 56?C with the stock cooler.
    Im sure this is not a temp issue.

About the SKEW support, if i change this on BIOS to 300 or 450, the error on Prime95 changes too.
    Im looking for other memorys right now, like a DDDR3 1333, if i wonder will resolve my problem.

Im waiting for you tell me what to do, because im quit with this memorys, and this motherboard.

Comment

You shouldn't have to mess with any of the skew settings at such a moderate overclock.

Since your temps appear to be ok, then you may need to bump up your northbridge and cpu pll voltages just a tad.
      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
      Intel i7 950
      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
      Corsair TX950W
      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

You shouldn't have to mess with any of the skew settings at such a moderate overclock.

Since your temps appear to be ok, then you may need to bump up your northbridge and cpu pll voltages just a tad.

If i let the skew sttings on auto the pc dont boot.

Im set NB to 1.55 and CPU pll to 1.70 and same problem with the core thread 3.

Im start prime95, and when he estress the CPU to max, this error appears very fast in the first test.

Comment

what test pattern is it failing on?

it's also very strange that you can't leave the skew settings on auto. this would be a first for me.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          Corsair TX950W

Comment

what test pattern is it failing on?

it's also very strange that you can't leave the skew settings on auto. this would be a first for me.
            I select the BLEND torture test, and Is falling on 1024K, the 1st test.

i test random configurations on bios today and aparently work, i set CPUpll to 1.70v(max value), Vcore 1.43, NB 1.40, and CPU GTL voltage reference 0.63x. It passes with no fail the 7 testes on 1024k, about 15 minutes of torture. But when i run Call of duty 4 get a error saying APPcrash, and the game cant be open, until i revert the old configuration.

About the CPU GTL voltage reference, i read about this and i learn its very useful for Quad cores processors.
            Last edited by SnArF; 08-25-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

snarf,

use an application called cpu tweaker to detect all of your current memory timings and post up a screen shot

you can find it here;
              http://www.tweakers.fr/cputweaker.html
              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
              Intel i7 950
              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
              Corsair TX950W

Comment

snarf,

use an application called cpu tweaker to detect all of your current memory timings and post up a screen shot

you can find it here;
                http://www.tweakers.fr/cputweaker.html
                I put vcore to 1.43, ad CPU Pll 1.5, and no more errors, and Cod 4 runs fine. Aparently this is not a good CPU, His VID is 1.3250, a higher one, and need 1.43v on 3.0ghz, with 60?C in full stress.

So probably i cant go any higher of 3.0, because 60?C is very hot for this processor.

About the CPU tweaker, when i execute him show me this error:

Memset Screen:

This motherboard have a lot of problems with my hardware, when im put my new HD5770 HAWK, the pc hang up tu boot, speaker beeps 3 times showing a VGA problem, what i do?

Comment

Im discovereded a strange solution of this VGA incompatibility problem. Im just used the HDMI port of the videocard instead of the VDI, and the pc tunrs on normally.
                  Wtf this means? Currently im using the two cables, VDI and HDMI in the same monitor, just clone the video in catalyst.
                  Last edited by SnArF; 08-31-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X