Asus p5kc 1066 issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus p5kc 1066 issues!

First of all, im live on Brazil and my english sucks, so be patience with my words.

Im dont know what to do more, im try some of everething in the bios, but still got a error with 2 minutes of Prime 95, on cores 3 and 4 of my Q6600 at 333x9.

Im changed the FSB to 375x8 = 3.0Ghz, and with 2 hours of Prime95 got a core error again.

This motherboard dont support this memorys at 1066 in default bios values, im have to change them manually to run without BSOD's.

Im found the solution in a OCZ forum, with a guy with the same MOBO but with OCZ memorys:
    http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...-memory-speeds

With this changes on the Bios i could run the memorys in 1066, but im feeling its not 100% because the errors on prime95.

Could you guys help me? with some changes on the bios, to put all memory settings manually, because im feeling this mobo dont work correctly in AUTO.

My Hardware--------

MOBO: ASUS P5KC
    CPU: Intel Q6600@3.0Ghz
    MEMORY: Gskill DDR2 1066 F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK
    VGA: HD5770 HAWK
    PSU: OCZ StealthxStream 600W

My current BIOS settings--------

Last edited by SnArF; 08-11-2010, 04:01 PM.

NB Voltage is much too high for only two sticks. Leave to AUTO.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      NB Voltage is much too high for only two sticks. Leave to AUTO.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      NB on auto not help. Do you guys know the correct times of this memorys? Im wonder this could help, because this motherboard its not functional on auto.

Comment

The timings are 5-5-5-15 as stated on the memory.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

The timings are 5-5-5-15 as stated on the memory.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          Im talkin about the other times like REF cycle time, READ to pre time. In the pictures im post, is all on auto, and i wanna test them manually but im dont found this information.

Comment

Any help? Pls...

Comment

Those are dependent on your motherboard, so simply try the current timings as shown in "Timing Information". Those are automatically detected as your configure the main four.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Those are dependent on your motherboard, so simply try the current timings as shown in "Timing Information". Those are automatically detected as your configure the main four.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH
                Ok, im understand you.
                Other question i have is the skew support, how i get the correct PS numbers, currently i use 150PS, but im dont felling this is correct, because i get this from a OCZ forum.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Leave skews to default, you should not need to adjust them.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Leave skews to default, you should not need to adjust them.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    i leave the skews on auto, and the pc crashes in windows, no blue screen, only blackscreen and restarts.

what i do?
                    im lost man, you guys are my only hope.

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in? Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Set Write Recovery Time 8

Don't worry, we will get it to work. I have a feeling. =)

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in? Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Set Write Recovery Time 8

Don't worry, we will get it to work. I have a feeling. =)

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH
                        The rams are installed in the black slots, and im have the latest bios from 2008.

Im set WRT to 8, the pc boots fine. Im extress the CPU and memory for 2 minutes with prime 95, and get the same core error of my Q6600.

what could be wrong? if i set ratio 375 and 8x the error appears only with 4 hours of extress.
                        But with this ratio i have to overclock my ram, what its not appropriated for me.

PRIME 95 ERROR MESSAGE: FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
                        Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

More information of my system with could help:

Comment

Test one stick at a time to see if one is defective.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Test one stick at a time to see if one is defective.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

I test the two sticks and same problem with both ones, its not seem a hardware defect, its more a incompatibility problem with memorys, MOBO and CPU.

Im put the memorys in the yellow slots of the mobo, and when i run Prime 95, the error appears in the thread 4.

Im wonder with some configurations in the bios, this memorys could run better, because when i bought this memorys, i see my MOBO(P5KC) in Qualified Motherboards List, in gskill site: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=61

Comment

At the risk of jumping in uninvited........

If your system is running for four hours before Prime95 gets a rounding error it is likely a heat or cpu voltage issue (or a combination of both)

If your memory passes Memtest, but you fail Prime after extended testing, you need to be looking at other hardware causes because I doubt that it's the memory causing your issues.

On a side note your memory should be installed in DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 (the yellow slots).

What type of cpu cooling are you using? The stock Intel? If so heat is almost definitely the culprit at 3.0Ghz on a Q6600........................

Stress the system again with Prime and tell me the max cpu temp as reported by CoreTemp or RealTemp.
                              Last edited by wevsspot; 08-24-2010, 11:05 AM.
                              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                              Intel i7 950
                              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                              OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
                              WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
                              WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
                              Corsair TX950W
                              Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Working...
                              X