F2-6400cl5d-4gbpq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400cl5d-4gbpq

I have a pair of F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ and one of the stick died. My computer will ether freeze during POST (or in the BIOS setup), or get a BSOD when Windows start to load. In memtest86+ (if I can get to it) there is a lot of errors. The other stick is fine.

So I wanted to get a replacement but since I can't live without my computer I ordered an other pair of the same model to use while the old sticks were in the mail. I installed them but I have a lot of problems with them too! I tried each stick individually, and with both of them I get random errors in Windows like "memory could not be written" or BSOD. Memtest86+ gives a lot of errors with both sticks. I tried setting the timing and voltage manually but they still fail the tests. I also tried the 4 sticks, one by one, on my friend computer with memtest. Same results. One of the old sticks works, the other won't boot, and the new ones fails the tests.

What are the odds that both sticks are defective? Is that possible?

Here's my build:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400
    Motherboard: Asus P5Q-E
    Graphic card: EVGA GeForce 9800GT
    PSU: 450W

While yes it's possible, I wouldn't bet on it. Are you OCing at all? Might see if you can borrow a different PSU and see if the problem persist

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nope, no OCing at all. I usually have every settings to auto. I will try an other PSU.

Comment

oddballs righteousness

I still get a lot of errors in memtest with the other PSU. All settings on auto.

Comment

Send them in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X