F2-8500CL5D + Asus P5Q Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D + Asus P5Q Pro

Okay I am lost as to what my problem might be. It seems it could be Memory related or possibly Mobo related, but I need a little push in one direction or the other because I am tired of buying and returning parts to fix this issue.

Issue: All Games crash within 20 minutes. First the screen goes black, then sound get stuck and stutters on last played notes until hard reset. Does it on all games. sometimes crashes within 3 seconds, sometimes I can get 20 minutes of playing time.

Tried:
    Windows 7
    Windows Vista
    all drivers updated
    tried with new video card
    tried with new Corsair 650W PSU

No matter what I do the games still crash system works perfect other than games. Memtest86+ passes, can run Furmark for hours, prime95 8 hours perfect. When I get to a game then crash.

I have tried so many different Memory settings, it seems like maybe some of them work better than others but it is hard to tell since the crashes happen anytime. Currently I am running the RAM at 1066, with no tweaks to BIOS. I have tried running at 800 and 887 with lots of tweaks to the BIOS. RAM is in slots 1 and 3.

Setup:
    Asus P5Q Pro Latest BIOS
    E8400 @ 3.0Ghz (Never OC'd)
    ATI 5770 Video (Temp never over 60 degrees on Furmark)
    G.Skill 2GB RAM (2x1GB) 1066Mhz
    2x250GB Seagates, RAID 0
    Corsair 650W PSU 52A to the Rail
    EXTREMELY Cool Case

Windows Minidumps only come up every few times when it does states Hardware issue.

May want to try small increases in vCore, NB and possibly DRAM voltages - could you post currant settings. Also, is Command Rate at 2T?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Everything is set to auto, I just recently changed DRAM to 2.0 and NB to 1.3, thats all the changes I have made, the rest is on auto.

Where should I start for vCore?
      I am not OCing at all, would it still need more voltage than default?

Comment

If you have the F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, it'll need 2.10V not 2.0V.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X