Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI w/ASUS M4N82 Deluxe BIOS: 1901

Hey Everyone,

I just bought these memory modules and I am having some difficulty trying to get to 1066Mhz or even 1100Mhz for that matter. So far I have gotten 1000Mhz stable at 5-5-5-15 but once I start edging close to 1066Mhz I have trouble getting to boot. I would like to get to 1066Mhz stable first and then get to 1100Mhz.

I am running the AMD Phenom 965BE @ 4Ghz w/ clock at 16*250 with cpuV at 1.525 with a lot of options at auto. Anyone has some suggestions to help me out?

Do you have command rate/timing at 2? Believe default is 1.....also check tRFC, should be either 110 or 127 depending on available options

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I know that the Auto settings can not be trusted

I got it rocking 2T and I'm going to mess with the sub timings..but I just realized that these ram modules are not supported on the this board.

But, what is interesting is that I max out to 1000Mhz and I just dropped the timings to 4-5-4-13-2T and its stupid fast. I might not be able to hit 1066Mhz...but I'm always willing to try new settings.

Comment

They may not be listed as supported, but it's normally just that they haven't tested the particular set. Also to get to speed you'll often have to OC the CPU (especially AMDs since their MC is on the weak side. But....you've taken it the way that not many go, I always like going with faster sticks and downclocking them, as you've experienced, you can often tighten the timings down at a slower speed and have the sticks actually outperform themselves at stock speeds. One of the big keys is that most AMD boards default to a 1N Command Rate and the MC in the CPU can't really always support it, 2N is a more native rate for AMD CPUs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So far I still cant hit 1066Mhz even with it set on 800Mhz initially or 1066Mhz

Comment

Have you tried raising voltages of CPU/MC and HT?

Tman

Comment

LOL, I JUST HIT DDR2 1100Mhz! I gotta test for stability..but let me get some screen shots up..this is awesome!

I saw someone's setup that was similar to mine and started playing around with it and it WORKED!

New Testing Settings:
              AI Overclocking [Manual]
              CPU Ration [18.50x]
              FSB Frequency [206]
              PCI Frequency [100]
              DRAM Frequency Control [Manual]
              CPU/NB Frequency [2472Mhz]
              HT Link Speed [Auto]

CPU Voltage [1.4500]
              CPU/NB Voltage [1.2250]
              CPU VDDA Voltage [Auto]
              DRAM Voltage [2.34]
              HT Voltage [Auto]
              NB Voltage [1.28]
              nForce200 Voltage [Auto]

Old Unstable Settings:
              Phenom 965 C3 @ 4021Mhz @1.5375v
              Vdim @ 2.22V [Unstable @ 2.2 still messing with it]
              NB Voltage at 1.3
              Ram Divider to 1066Mhz
              Base clock to 206 X 19.5
              Everything to Auto

New Settings on Prime95:
              Last edited by Poochi; 04-04-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

It looks good so far everyone..im gonna do some hardcore prime95 and see what the stability is at

EDIT: I found something interesting..there are a lot of variable that affect any type of memory overclock once you start getting to these high frequencies on DDR2

1. Temperature could be a huge factor as when I throttle my fans down..I get more BSOD..but once temperatures drop...everything is fine.
                2. The memory controller on the CPU is very finicky even with adjusting voltages..so im trying all kinds of settings
                3. The ram is taking tons of voltage in order to be stable, but it may be the cpu/NB that needs more voltage...still experimenting with this.
                Last edited by Poochi; 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Many, many variables, especially w/ AMD CPUs, looks like you're getting locked in though

Tman

Comment

I got it stable now running prime for like 6 hours..I had to bump up the NB voltage just a bit to like 1.32 DRAM to like 2.32

EDIT: I was prime stable but when I was playing games is flaked out..pumped the NB voltage some more and it looks ok..still experimenting..I will get it down
                    Last edited by Poochi; 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X