Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results of Single Tests

Hi,

With the settings you suggested in post #8 I ran memtest86+ with each stick in turn on slot DDR2_1

I bought two match pairs with serial number SN*43 & Sn*44, SN*47 & SN*48

43 failed
    48 failed
    44 passed
    47 passed

I tested 44 & 47 in slots DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 to get dual channel. They passed memtest86+

I tried SN*43 in slot DDR2_2 where it also failed.

I am running out of time and have to call it a day with my testing as I am away for a week starting tomorrow and before I go I have no more free time. I should have been helping around the house more already! ;-)

What do you suggest? Is it fairly conclusive that sticks 43 and 48 are duds? Or do you want me to continue in a week or so to test them in other slots?

What I don't get is that I have seen those matched pairs pass memtest in slots DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 as matched pairs/dual channel including the two duff dimms.

Andy

Comment

I managed to squeeze in another test with sticks 44&47 in slots DDR2_2 and DDR2_4 which passed several hours of memtest86+ with zero errors.

Andy

Comment

A final update before I disappear for a week. I don't like things being left undone...

I completed testing SN*48 and SN*43 in the remaining slots. They have been individually tested in all four slots and have each failed in all four slots.

I then tested SN*44 in the remaining slots and it has passed in all four slots.

My conclusion is that 44 and 47 are good, as are all four slots. 43 and 47 are duds. Do you agree?

Since SN*44 and SN*47 work well together am I OK to hold on to those and to RMA SN*43 and SN*48?

Best regards,

Andy

Comment

I concur. Go ahead and send those in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X