F2-6400CL4D DDR2-800 & K9A2 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D DDR2-800 & K9A2 problems

I used the G.SKILL Ram Configurator to find faster lower latency DDR2 for my MSI K9A2 platinum mobo, it suggested the F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B DDR2-800, so I bought 2 pairs. They arrived this afternoon, I installed them and Win 7 64bit wouldn't boot up, so I removed one pair, and then Windows loaded right up, changed to the other pair - same results Windows booted fine, but when I replaced all 4 back to square one. Any suggestions?

K9A2 Platinum
    AMD Phenom Quad Core 9850 black edition
    Hitachi DHS721010 1T HD
    Corsair TX850W PS
    2 ATI Radeon HD5770 1gb DDR5 (Crossfired)

You can try it with the stock timings and DRAM Voltage. Will need the tRFC up to 195 and Command Rate/Timing at 2N. Also with the 4 sticks will prob need to OC things a bit and raise the CPU, MCH and HT voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

NB Voltage 1.40V

If you can post up BIOS pictures, we can see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Having similar issues

Overclocking Newbie here... so please be patient with me.
        Setup:
        MSI K9A2 Platinum
        AMD Phenom 9950 Quad
        Windows 7 Pro X64
        4x1 667MHz Dell memory (now)
        4x2 G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ (trying to get working)
        Dual ATI 512MB 3850's Crossfired
        SATA1 WD Black - 1TB - OS/Apps
        SATA2 WD Green - 1.5TB - Storage
        SATA3 Maxtor 500GB - Swap File
        SATA4 BluRay/DVDRW Combo

When memory is installed, will sometimes boot but with an Overclocking error in the post. Once up and running, seems to work fine until I shut it down.

I see I should set the memory to 5-5-5-15-2T, 1.8-2.0 voltage. Problem is, I have no idea what that means and have nothing in the BIOS that gives me those options.

Downloaded and installed AMD OverDrive 3.2.1 but it's intimidating me, I don't know what to set to those numbers given above. MSI says it should work once I get it configured but that's all the help I can get from them...lol

Funny, can't get this to work in my $200 super duper MB, but works fine in my wife's $39.00 bargain bin ASUS...

Anyway, any help at all will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance... )

KC

Comment

Should mention...

XION AXP600 Gaming Case
          6 120mm fans
          CPU Water Cooled

Comment

oops, wrong thread...

Think I posted this in the wrong thread... too much browsing whilst waiting for my ID to be confirmed... Will start a new thread I guess.

Comment

ccwoodcraft,

You have the same problem as the original poster. You guys need to go to the Cell Menu, scroll down to NB Voltage, and set that to 1.40V.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X