M2N32-SLI Premium VISTA Mobo + G.SKILL F2-6400 CL5D RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2N32-SLI Premium VISTA Mobo + G.SKILL F2-6400 CL5D RAM

So I just went out today and bought a 4gb pack (2x2gb) of G.SKILL F2-6400 CL5D-4GBPQ RAM.

I run Windows 7, and currently have 2x1gb G.SKILL F2-6400PHU2-2GBNR RAM.

When I installed the 2x2gb G.SKILL RAM sticks and took the old ones out, the computer will boot up, reach the W7 Load screen, and as the little coloured balls fly in to make the Windows logo, the computer will freeze then reboot, and it takes me to a screen that has 2 options.

Windows Repair (Recommended)
    Start Windows Normally.

When I go to run the Repair option, it loads the files, then blue screens and says The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant with a STOP: error.

The weird thing is, the computer will boot up normally with 1 stick of the new 2gb ram, or 1 of the 2gb and one of the old 1gb sticks, however it crashes with 2x2gb or 1x2gb 2x1gb.

I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to dealing with RAM, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Will want the sticks in the yellow slots, timings (5-5-5-15) should stay the same , will want DRAM Voltage at 1.9, Command Rate/Timing at 2T and try tRFC at 110 or 127 depending on available options, ....if still problems, may have to do some voltage adjustments, so if you could post your BIOS settings it would help as well as knowing your CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As I said I'm pretty clueless about all this, where do I see these options that I need to set / change?

CPU Is AMD 64 X2 5000+

Comment

In Advanced, JumperFree Configuration

Comment

Ok in advanced jumperfree config it's on auto. I see:

overclock options
          n o s option
          CPU frequency
          pciex16_1 clock
          pciex16_2 clock
          ddr2 voltage control
          CPU voltage
          CPU multiplier
          advanced voltage control

I only changed the ddr2 voltage to 1.9 once I enabled manualai tuning as I didn't know what the rest do, but it still crashed

Comment

change Dram timing control to manual and set the memory timings 5-5-5-15

edit....meant to say change AI Tuning to Manual....then find DRAM Timing Control and change it to manual then set the timings
            Last edited by Dumaine; 03-23-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Ok set the voltage to 1.9, timings to 5 5 5 15, memory timing 2t but the trfc options were auto, 0, 1, 2, 3 to which I left it on auto. Rest of the bios settings are default. Computer still crashing on bootup

Comment

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. So are you looking to run both the PQ and NR at the same time?

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                  Please make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. So are you looking to run both the PQ and NR at the same time?

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT
                  I wouldn't mind running both but if there are issues running both I'll just stick to the 4gb of the new stuff.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Have you tried testing them individually, one module at a time to make sure neither is defective?

I would suggest running the new PQs only first since you may not need the other 2GB; in addition, they may require annoying trial and error to get them to work.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I've tried each stick individually and they work fine on there own, it's only when I have both installed that the machine fails to load.

Haven't updated the BIOS from the retail version as I don't have a working CD drive and took the floppy out a while ago so I'll have to install a new floppy to update it.

Comment

If you continue to have issues, simply send them in for new replacements and the new set should work better.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Updated BIOS and it solved the issue.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                            X