• Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45-ud3l+8500cl5d-4gbpk blue screen

Motherboard Ga-Ep45- Ud3l
    Memory 8500CL5D-4GBPK
    CPU core 2 Duo E8400
    Graphics 9800 GT

Hello,

First off I'm a beginner and this is the first computer I've ever built. Before My knowledge basically consisted of installing hard drives and CD drives. I've had this computer up and running for about a day or two. Within the first 30 minutes of initial boot it blue screened. I had no idea why. This kept on happening every once and awhile that first day until I noticed on the blue screen something something not being equal or less. I used my Google powers and read it could be the RAM.So I downloaded Memtest and it was reporting errors almost from the start. Concerned I went to Newegg which is where i bought it from to read some reviews. The very first review I read had a Manufactures Response which had some BIOS settings. This was very helpful I went into to BIOS and noticed that my voltage was low and my Command Rate, once I was able to find it was set to 0? Anyway Switched everything to TEL 5, TRCD 5, TRP 5, TRAS 14 Command Rate 2 and Voltage 2.1. The System is more stable now. No blue screens, but Memtest still reports errors. Last night I played the Just Cause 2 demo thinking that if something was wrong it would crash. I played for about an hour and nothing happened. So I'm completely confused and stumped on this one. I don't know if the memory is bad or if BIOS is all screwed up . Thanks for all the help on this in advance

Manually set all timings and voltages....5-5-5-15-2T also manually set your tRFC (its on the same screen where you set the Command Rate to 2T..set it to 68 and try from there

Comment

Thanks for the reply checked out the settings and TRFC was already set to 68. Not sure where to go from here. Appreciate all the help on this matter.

Comment

on the left and right it read 68 68 or 68 Auto?

Comment

Is there a reason the CPU is downclocked? You've got the bus/core ratio (multiplier) at 6, in effect 2 GHz when stock is 9 @ 3GHz, which will affect your DRAM.

Also, are the sticks in slots 1-3, if so may want to try in 2-4.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I noticed that as well, yet I assumed it was due to Speedsteep (C1E) or whatever its called being enabled

Comment

Dumaine,
              Possible, don't remember C1E (Enhanced Halt State) or EIST (Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology) ever downclocking that much, but then again I basically always disable them from the get go, because at times they can cause BSODs and lesser hiccups when the kick in, especially w/ 4 or more GB of RAM, and most everything I build is 6-8 or more GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It was at 68 auto changed it to 68 68. I also took Tradesman advice and switched to 2-4. Ran a Memtest and still getting errors. How do I change Bus/Core in BIOS to get to 3Ghz? Uploading photos of BIOS maybe that will help

Comment

Disable XMP. Set tWR to 8.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X