Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5-2GBPK with Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H

Hello!

I would appreciate your guidance on how to set up F2-8500CL5-2GBPK with my Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H mainboard. I am unable to get it to run at 1066MHz.

Thanks!

Jim

Cpu

Oh by the way, I forgot to list my CPU. I am using a Phenom II X2 550 CPU. I have the 2 dormant cores unlocked, so CPU-Z reports that my CPU is a Phenom II X4 B50.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

It may be as simple as adding voltages to the CPU and MC, with the additional cores unlocked you need more power, but also ensure the base timings and DRAM voltage are set manually, you'll want your tRFC at either 127 or 110 depending on available options and Command Rate at 2N. With those settings in place (may only be Command Rate, believe your mobo defaults to 1N, and as said, you'll want 2N) if need be just gradually increase the voltages at maybe .02 or .03 increments.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply. However, since I am very much a newbie in this area, I do not know how to translate your suggestions into BIOS settings. Here are my options...

and

Thanks for your help figuring out how these settings should be configured.

Jim

Comment

Images not Showing Up

Sorry the screenshots I took of the relevant pages out of my motherboard manual are not showing up. It might be because they are PNG's. I'll try again with jpg image type...

and

Thanks again!

Comment

bummer. I guess images are not allowed.

Comment

Let me see if I have a copy of your BIOS and will get back later this PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X