• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ problem with asus board

Motherboard:Asus P5K
    CPU:Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4
    Memory: F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ 2x2GB

Problem? Ok I already RMAed one set of these 2 sticks to new egg thinking they were defective. The new ones do the same thing. Everything runs normal except when I try and play World of Warcraft. It will load into the game and then the whole PC will freeze. I went into the BIOS and changed the timing,voltage,command rate, and mhz. Still the same problem. Asus hasn't pelpied to me at all for any info reguarding this matter, so I am trying here. Any suggestions or should I just send it back to newegg and by different ram? Also my previous ram still works fine but is only 2x1GB sticks of OCZ Reaper Edition PC2 6400. Only difference is the reaper is different timing and 2GBs less. Both are 800mhz.

Also I am running Win 7 if that makes a difference >.>

Comment

Wow I love how gskill threatens to ban my account for sending bad info. I will not buy gskill again and will go back to OCZ. Great support site guys! Two thumbs up!!!!

Comment

if you were wondering here is the message sent to me.

Dear, crhendo;Dezrustrian;ptisler@yahoo.com;salenonstope r;branflan!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
        We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool-2010.net/online-...toper;branflan
        If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
        Forum Administration gskill.us

From 01:26 AM MichealUllman. You wouldn't let me post my first day but you let people send your clients viruses. Thats just classy.

Comment

The message you rec'd was from a spammer, we have had many register at this site using names such as Forum Administrator, Lady Administrator, Lady Admin, GSkill Forum Administrator, etc and a few slipped through the automated user checking. We currently check each individual new registration manually trying to eliminate known Spammers - if anyone gets suspect messages or Private messages, pls advise one of the REAL Forum Administrators - there are only 3

GSkill
          GSkill Tech
          Tradesman
          Last edited by Tradesman; 03-07-2010, 08:14 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

which particular P5K do you have? There are a few different versions. Basically though you'll want to manually input the basic timings (5-5-5-15), DRAM Voltage at 1.9 (can possibly lower it a bit once stable), Command Rate at 2T and tRFC should be about 68.
            If your running your Q6600 at stock 2.4, then your FSB will be at 1066 so you may need to either add .1 to the NB voltage or go ahead and raise the FSB to 1333 (CPU to 3 GHZ) which is perfectly safe, even with the stock HS (any higher, I'd suggest going to a third party HS like Freezer Pro or Zalman (95-9700).

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ptisler,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The reason why you couldn't post on your first day is because we are trying to eliminate/filter spammers and virus spreaders as you have encountered. It is a big deal to us and we are trying to find a way to make it more convenient for real users and eliminate bad users, but the spammers simply get better too so it is a continuous battle.

Regarding your comptuer issue, please make sure you have the latest BIOS. The motherboard should be able to pick up the memory package just fine. You can also try manually setting them as described by Tradesman above. Keep us posted on the results and we will be able to troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X