X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP 32 bits P5QL-EM 4Go ram possible?

hello!
    I am a new forumer and hope you will forgive my english.Well,
    I read all the posts,through this forum about mb asus P5QL-EM and I would like to know if anybody managed to run this motherboard with 4Go ram either 4X1g or 2X2g.
    I bought F26400CL4 4GB-PI-B that are certified for intel chipset P4X,G4X, but for intel motherboards,to run at C4 between 1.8v & 1.9v.I have the same chipset and according to Gskill's configurator they match my motherboard.When i put them,into the rights slots,I had a BSOD soon.They were recognized by the bios and by windows xp as far as 3,37Go fot the inboard PCI took what was left.I didn't set the voltage to 1.9 so that they were at C5 instead of C4.
    So, I ran two different"memtest" with the default settings and had once 436 errors and 340 with the older version.They did not go through the end.
    I sent them back to the resseller who told me he tested them all right;I don't know the voltage he setted.
    So, as he was very kind he allowed me to exchange them .I made up my mind on 6400CL5D4GBPQ if available.I dont know yet.
    That is why I'm asking :does somebody has the following configuration with 4Go ram and which one?
    E5200 P5QL-EM Windows XP(PAE) sata HDD.
    Thank you.

Any of them should work just fine, you simply have to make sure the memory settings are properly configured in BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

thank you for your quick answer,
      so the second pair I choosed are certified 5 5 5 15 at 1.8~1.9v,does it mean that if I set the voltage 1.85 they will work fine?
      I shall tell you as soon as I get them,I am a bit frightened because of the first the first pair
      that could'nt work at 1.8v and whose specs were 1.8v~1.9v
      That's why I looked for somebody having experimented such a configuration.
      Soon

Comment

Might want to just start at 1.9, then gradually lower the voltage while maintaining stability. Also keep in mind w/ your 32bit operating system when you get them installed, Windows will probably only see 3-3.4 or so GB, due to limitations of the 32 bit OS and overhead from the mobo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much for youy advice

Comment

Back with an issue to my problem with 6400 cl4 4GBPI-B.
            I received today my new modules of 4GBPQ and they are working fine without entering the bios.
            I remind my configuration
            WinXP 32bits, Asus P5QL-EM ,CPU E5200 Gskill 2X2Go 6400 CL5 4BPQ.
            So anybody having problem with P5QL-EM can find an issue.

Comment

If all is good, wouldn't mess with it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X