Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for EP45-UD3R?

Hi,

Like many, I've got the infamous GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 with the F12 BIOS. Unlike most, I've got a rather low-end Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU!
    At the moment I have 4x256MB of something cheap and slow, but at least all four of my DIMM slots are working. Maybe that's never a problem at DDR2 667...
    I'm looking at the F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI on Newegg, and wondering if it's complete overkill or not. Specifically, if I end up running at DDR2 800, what kind of timings can I expect?
    (I read the EP45-UD3R thread but I never saw the specific timings for lower speeds.)

I'm looking to justify (or at least rationalize!) the extra $20 for the G.Skill over something else.
    (Apologies if mentioning other mfgs. is not allowed!)

You will need to overclock your CPU FSB to 1100 by simply increasing the CPU Host Frequency to 275 from 266.

Then enter the memory settings such as frequency, timings, and voltage... increase NB Voltage to 1.20V. Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you, that helps a little. Perhaps I should more clearly state my question:
      If I end up running the F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI at DDR2 800, what kind of timings can I expect?
      Last edited by Fuhglee; 03-05-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Personally, if I was in that situation I would just go with the F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ's if I was looking for 800Mhz, or even try out the CL4's. I have the UD3P v1.6 and the 6400CL5's ran great on it. If you are not into Benchmarks or heavy video rendering etc etc... you might as well just stay in the 800-1066 range because you wont "SEE" that much of a difference past 1066.

I had the 800's running at a lil over 1000 (but then again I tend to stress things often) with all 4 DIMMS populated for 8gig and they were running rather well. I also have not used that processor so I dont know its capabilities of higher clocking to get the memory up to speed.
        Last edited by Dumaine; 03-06-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

With your CPU, depending on the OC (if any), at 800 you should be able to run 4-4-4-12 or better at 800, possible even a loose CL3 (i.e. 3-4-4-12 or 3-4-3-11)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This was to have replaced some faulty Patriot memory. They replaced it under warranty and upgraded both the size & speed while they were at it, so this purchase is not so urgent anymore. I will let you know how it goes if I buy the kit.

Comment

Sounds good

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X