Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with F2-4200PHU1-1GBLA

Hello,

I've previously purchased, maybe a year or two ago, a 1Gb chip with no trouble. Recently, I purchased another of the same chip, but now the computer only recognizes the new chip when installed with the old chip. I've tried switching them in the slots, but it will only recognize the new chip.

HP a1410y
    Intel Celeron D 3.20GHz
    ECS RC410-M ALHENA-GL6

Old chip - F2-4200PHU1-1GBLA s/n:10060630118672
    New chip - F2-4200PHU1-1GBLA s/n:7491030035056

Any help would be appreciated,
    Matt

Might want to make sure you have the latest BIOS, if you do, then write down your current settings, and reset the CMOS (should have instructions for your mobo in the manual....generally you just unplug the power, pull a jumper and reset it for a few seconds (5-15) then replace it to the original pins, plug in and power up.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I checked that I have the latest BIOS and tried resetting the CMOS, but to no avail. Are there any other things I can try? Again, any help would be appreciated.

Comment

With just the one stick installed it will not boot up? If so, go ahead and send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well, I can put the new stick in by itself and it will boot. It will also boot if I put the old stick in by itself. If I put the new stick in with the old stick, it will only recognize the new stick. I've also tried this with a old 512 Mb chip, and get the same results (will only recognize the new chip).

Comment

They must be incompatible as far as specifications.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X