F2-8500cl5 with A780GM-M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5 with A780GM-M3

Hey guys I'm a customer of your infamous RAM stick, the F2-8500cl5.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 'Propus' 2.6 GHz

Mobo: ECS A780GM-M3

RAM: GSkill F2-8500cl5 2GB x2

GPU: GeForce 210

I've been trying to push the RAM to the advertised 1066 but have been getting some trouble with system instability.

Here is what I have tried so far, forgive my short hand I can't remember all the names of the ticks.

A) Man/Lim/Auto 400mzh 5-5-5-15 : Stable

B) Man/Lim/Auto 400mzh 4-4-4-12 : Stable

C) Man only 533mzh 5-5-5-17: Stable for 15-20 mins

D) Man only 533mzh 5-6-6-20: Stable for 10-15 mins

::All other settings were at Auto::

Here is an image of my current settings for more detailed info.

So far running at B has given very similar speed results as C but I really want to push the 4 gigs I have to C standards. However if I can't find a stable settings I will just stick to B.

So far this is all I have had time to test, if you guys know of a good setup for my system please let me know.
    Last edited by cyricc; 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: A little more info. Added screen.

YOu don't show your tRFC which should be 127 or if the selections are limited 110 if tRFC is listed in ns (nano-seconds), may also have to increase the CPU/MC voltage a tad to get stable....and possibly OC the CPU a little

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I don't know how to see the tRFC nor does my BIOS have an option to adjust it. I'm not sure if the three things you suggested work out for this mobo and ram.

Comment

Do you have them as single or dual channel? You may need to raise the HT Voltage if you are attempting dual channel DDR2-1066. Did you raise memory voltage to 2.10V for DDR2-1066?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yes I am attempting to do dual channel, my bios offer to set the voltage at 1.9 2.2 2.3 only I tried all of them and none are stable.

Comment

Try raising HT Voltage to 1.40V

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hmm, I don't have a BIOS option to set the HT voltage, frankly the BIOS are very, very limited, however, I downloaded a program from AMD called Overdrive in which there is a slider for the HT voltage but I cannot move it, when I get back to my home computer I will take a screenshot of this program and the options avalible to me so that you can have a better idea of what I am working with.

Thanks for keeping up and suggesting new things for me to try, I really appreciate it and hope we can find a way to get this work.

This is the program:
              Last edited by cyricc; 03-05-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Some boards say they support 1066 memory, but just come up short in real life.
                Have you tried switching the two sticks to the other channel?
                Fact is there's little performance difference at 800MHz@ 4-4-4-12 vs. 1066MHz@ 5-5-5-15 anyways.
                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                Corsair HX850W Modular
                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
                X