F2-9600cl5d-4gbtd & ep45-ud3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600cl5d-4gbtd & ep45-ud3p

Well I bit the bullet and sprung for the 2x2GB F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD. I followed the guidelines in the BIOS config post for setting the BIOS and it fired up all fine and dandy. Ran Memtest all night and most of this morning (approx 15 hours) with 0 errors.

Now working on getting my Q9550 back up to around 3.8, might even go on ahead and shoot for the BIG 4.0.

Thanks alot for the BIOS Config guidelines as it saved me quite a bit of headache getting these sticks properly timed!!!

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got it back to 3.833, Performance Enhance Turbo, MCH Strap 400,2.66D @1203MHz and ran memtest on 4 threads around 212% with 0 errors. Im a lil surprised that I needed to add 1 tick on the voltage to 1.92, yet that aint all too bad I dont guess.

Question is.....is the D strap too hard on the Controller, or is that where it needs to be in equation to the FSB? (i hope I asked that correctly)

It also seems that in order for me to go any further with overclocking the processor that I will have to downclock the memory because them numbers are getting quite a bit high for the memory speeds.

Comment

Sure, you can and run the RAM independently at a rate that is stable and you are comfortable with (temp/speed) while continuing to experiment w/ your CPU OC.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

this might be a light goal to set for myself, yet I wanted to get these sticks over 10,000Mb/s in Everest and I did it on Read, Write, and Copy with a 47.7 Lat. Had to push the 9550 to 4.050. I have the CPU cooler to handle it but I backed it back to 3.833 for 24/7!

Comment

Working...
          X