P5Q pro Turbo and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5Q pro Turbo and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Hi, I am having a few issues with timings on these sticks and I want to make sure I am not missing anything. I am running 4x2GB sticks of F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and I was getting failures in memtest until I bumped my tRFC up to 70 clocks. I am not getting anymore errors but is there anything else I should be doing?

Asus PrQ pro Turbo
    Bios 0602 (newest)
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK at 850Mhz

Timings manually set in bios to 5, 5, 5, 15, 70 2t at 2.1Volts

Thanks

If it's stable then all should be good, if you'd like to run at at 1066 (the sticks native speed) you might have to adjust the tRFC a little higher, possibly add a bit of voltage to the NB and would need to know what CPU and FSB you are running or want to run to help any further.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. I am running a Q9550 at 3.6Ghz do far. I already had to bump up the NB voltage a tad since I am running a quad and 4 sticks of ram. Thanks for confirming everything.

Comment

Sounds sweet, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

More issues

Hey Guys, looks like I am still having some issues with these sticks. After a long and drawn out process of elimination, I finally come to the conclusion that having 4 sticks of ram on this board with 2 SSDs and a quad core can cause data corruption on my SSDs. If I run just two sticks I am fine but as soon as I use the 4 sticks (with the timings I mentioned above, NB voltage from stock -1.4, stock speed on the quad) I run the chance of getting data corruption on my SSDs. It doesn't occur with my single HDD either, only the SSDs. I know it is some weird combination of issues between the memory and the NB but I can't put my finger on it. Any suggestions? The SSD forums are at a loss as to explain it as well. This occurs with several different SSDs (OCZ, intel, different sizes and models) and even with two motherboards (both P5Q pro turbos). Any suggestions?

Comment

Increase the SB Voltage +0.2V.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Doesn't help

I have tried higher SB voltages as well and that doesn't solve the problem. What I am going to try next is bumping the tRFC higher to 80ish and see if that helps. What effect does raising tRFC have on speeds?

Comment

None, it helps stabilize the memory if not enough time is given to refresh.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, after a year I finally figured out the problem (LOL). It is what I suspected, the board was overloaded with to many things. I removed my physX card and a TV tuner can and now the ram works perfectly. Just thought I would update this thread incase somebody has the same problem.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Great persistence you have.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well we will see, I forgot about the data corruption so I will check when I get home.

Comment

Let us know, you've got more patience than I do

Tman

Comment

So far so good

So far so good, no signs of corruption. Looks like it was too many things on the board. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

No problem, stay in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X