F2-6400CL6D-8GBSQ with HP DV5-1017NR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL6D-8GBSQ with HP DV5-1017NR

Can anybody tell me if F2-6400CL6D-8GBSQ kit will work with my HP DV5-1017NR. I have the latest BIOS which is version F.21A. I have seen that there have been some compatibility issues with these HP's.

Think your system calls for 667, but the 800 should work though you may have to downclock it...if so might be able to tighten the timings (also the 667 8GB set, at the Egg anyway runs about $10 more)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The current stock RAM is 800. I am just asking because under the the reviews at Newegg there are many complaints with this RAM not working on several HP DV laptops then others saying no problems. G.Skill replied to a few saying that they are aware of HP Bios issues with getting the 4GB sticks to work and are working with HP to get this resolved. Do we know if this has been resolved?

Comment

On that one, will have to wait for the GSkill folks on Monday, I'll drop them a line and see if they can take an early look

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not yet, still working on it, tough to get anyone to fix these pre-built computer issues since most of the time they weren't even the manufacturers themselves (HP). Will definitely post information here and on our website once there is a resolution.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X