bios settings for F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bios settings for F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

My motherboard died and I replaced it with an Asus M4A77D. My processor is an AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz and the memory is g.skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. The memory runs at 800mhz, but I would like to run it at 1066mhz. The bios for this board is different from the asrock board that died on me. I know I need to set the speed to 533 under Memory Clock Mode. I am just not sure where to set the voltage as there are 2 places: Memory Over Voltage & Chipset Over Voltage. I think the voltage should be set to 2.0. Also, the timing settings list has many more settings that the asrock bios did, and am not sure what to change. I emailed Asus, but I got a very unhelpful answer "change the settings and test the board".
    I understand that there is always the chance that the memory won't run at 1066, I just want to give it a shot.

Thanks!

Just set your base timings manually, use Memory over voltage to raise it to the desired level, set Command Rate/Timing to 2N, leave the rest at auto and see how that does, if problems let us know.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory Over Voltage 2.10V

As long as you set the first four timings and command rate, all other timings will pick up accordingly. Although, for tRFC, try setting that to 195ns.

You can also try increase HT Voltage to 1.40V if the above still proves to be unstable.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Same M/B and memory right off the QVL

I have four sticks of F2-8500CL5D and an Asus M4A7D. I can run any combination of any three sticks in any three slots. As soon as I add the fourth stick the computer will not post. Fans spin, no beeps. Shut down, remove ANY stick, and boot up.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom 720 X3, BFG 9800GS, four hd, 1 DVD, 650w P/S

Comment

Have you run memtest on each stick individually, if so and they all test okay, then if you could post your BIOS Settings, we might be able to find the problem, but if all sticks test OK, it may be the mobo....have you checked to see if you have the latest BIOS? Also make sure Command Rate/Timing is at 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memtest

Is this program build in to Wondows 7?

Should I boot with one stick installed, run memtest, then power down and swap memory?

Comment

bios settings for F2 8500CL5D 4GBPK

hy. i have a dell xps desktop. recently it started to act weird: when i press the ON button, it start as normal, but after a second the fan go to maximum, display dont even start, mouse/keyboard dont start. its making a noise like a plane which is ready to take off, the sound of fan is getting lauder and lauder. i dont leave ON for too long coz it can burn the fan, and shut it down by keeping the button for a few seconds. first time when it happened, i updated the bios and reset the factory settings. i have a "diagnostic disk" for this pc, but i ve been trying all day to start it and no success. i ll take parts out and see where is the problem, but i dont have time now. i ve seen something like that bios not start, display not start where the CPU was ****ed. i dont think my cpu is the cause. also i cleaned/vacuumed it recently, so its not the dust causing it. motheboard? fan?
              did some 1 had the same experience?

Comment

Thanks Trademan & Gskill tech: I've made some changes but I got a blue screen of death as well as memory errors when I ran memtest, so back to the drawing board!

Comment

You can google memtest on the net and download it from a number of sites,

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X