Stability issues at 1066...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability issues at 1066...

I am having problems with BSODs and random restarts when running my memory at 1066 MHz. It is the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and my motherboard is the ASUS P5E Deluxe. At 800 MHz ram speed, I have had up times of well over 4 months at a time, but at 1066, I get booted at least once a day (more like 2 or 3, usually.) Is there special settings in the BIOS I need to set to make it run stable? I have tried changing settings like the 2N command rate and 2.1 volts on the ram and I've tried quite a few combinations of others, to no success. Did I possibly get a bad batch of ram? Thanks for your time!
    Sam

whats your tRFC at?

Comment

haven't touched any of the timing settings, left them all on auto. can anyone tell me what i need to set them at?

Comment

might want to raise the NB/MC voltage by .1 @ 1066, Dumaine asked about tRFC, @ 1066 think you should be around 66-68 with 2 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, what do I need to set the rest of the settings at? There is at least 12 other timings I'm not sure what need to be set at.

Comment

Most can be left at auto, manually load your base timings, DRAM Voltage, Command Rate/Timing to 2T or 2N (as allows) and tRFC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm... that still hasn't helped. i actually think it made the crashing worse. I'm trying it at 800 mhz with CL4-tRCD4-tRP4-tRAS15 timings and the tFRC set to 35 (any lower, it wouldn't boot). I will see how it does, but I haven't had any issues so far in the 6 hours or so I have been running. I set the command rate to 1N in BIOS, but CPU-Z is still showing 2N?

Comment

tRFC should be much higher, like 68. tRC would be closer to 35. Your system may not run 1N which is why it automatically set to 2N.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well, the system is stable with the tFRC set at 35. What does this setting do? Can somebody give me some sort of guide to the settings for my P5E Deluxe that will give me good performance at 800mhz, since I can't get this ram to run at 1066 for the life of me??? I know some people reading this are saying, google it, but I am new to memory timings and don't know what it all means.

Comment

Well at 800, simply set optimum settings, then change the DRAM Frequency to DDR2-800. Memory timings tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 4 - tRAS 12 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage 2.0V. Once that is complete, everything should be fine.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

What CPU are you running, what FSB are you set at, what OS, do you have the latest BIOS, 0501, 12/18/2009 can be found here

http://usa.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=wDz11GXFiWSqhjla

The PKs should be fine at 1066

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X