Best RAM for my setup......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best RAM for my setup......

I have an MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have an AMD Phenom triple core 8450 2.1Ghz. ATI Radeon 4870X2 video card. When I check the specs of the board on newegg, it says I can use 1066megahertz sticks. I have four slots and would like to use 8gig of RAM (4x2gig). Would I be limited to 1066 megahertz sticks or could I go with some of the 1200 megahertz memory I saw on newegg (like Trident or Rip something or other). I guess my question is what would be the best option you guys sell that will have my machine going as fast as possible stably. Thanks in advance for your help. Jon

If the budget is there, I'd go 1200, you can always downclock it to 1066, and then if you go to a different board you have the faster RAM or if they upgrade the BIOS of your mobo to take 1200, you already have it. Additionally downclocked to 1066, you should be able to run a lower CL which will give a boost over other 1066 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I don't think that motherboard and CPU combination can run DDR2-1200, but like Tradesman said, you can always downclock.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I finally got the memory and have it in. I got F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI memory. DDR2-1100 PC2-8800 2048MB*4. What would be the optimal settings for this memory in my m-board?

Comment

First you need to set basic memory settings, as shown on the memory or packaging. In addition, you may need to raise CPU-NB Voltage and/or HT Voltage to stabilize DDR2-1100. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X