X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4-2GBBHK with ASUS P5Q SE PLUS

Hi there!

I am having problems with this setup.

In single channel, it'll work flawlessly, very stable system.

But as soon as I try to kick into dual channel: FAIL.

I get BSODs, apps crashes, memtest86 errors after a few minutes of testing.

In single channel, I let the BIOS decide the SPD settings and it works great. When trying to do the same thing in dual channel, not so great. I've tried banks 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 for dual channel, same problem.

Here is my set up:

Tell me if you need more information.

Thanks.
    Last edited by moose; 01-31-2010, 06:18 PM.

did you try to set all the timings and voltages manually?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumaine View Post
      did you try to set all the timings and voltages manually?
      Nope, as I was waiting for the optimal settings for my set up to be posted here

You know, I've been out of the the market for over 6 years regarding PC hardware, so I am a bit lost. I remember slapping 2X512MB of CL3 Corsair onto an ASUS A7N8X motheboard and the BIOS did all the dual channel configuring by itself. So I tought by 2010 that my P5Q mobo would do it too. :P

Comment

well first start by going into the BIOS and manually setting the memory timings to 4-4-4-12 2T and boot and see what happens. I think the voltage on those sticks are 1.8. Use banks 1 and 3 first

Comment

Might need to raise the tRFC to 64 or so also, you're showing 52

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Results:

At 4-4-4-12, 65 tRFC (No 64 avail. in my Ai Tweaker menu) and voltage set to 1.8V manually, sticks in slots 1 &3, but could not confirm "2T" as I didn't find any options that looked like this:

Fail. Many memtest86 3.3 errors after 3 mins of testing. Would not try to boot Windows 7 and screw up my installation with those errors.

Thanks.

Comment

Looked your sticks up and these call for 4-4-3-5 timings, voltage at 2.1, command rate 2T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

this is interesting....I found them on gskill web page f2-6400cl4d-4gbhk 2x2, yet the number he refers to comes up to the 2x1 and the 4-4-3-5 2.0-2.1v. Yet the gskill page has the 2x2 @ 4-4-4-12. I also see that on My cpu-z shows me with f2-6400-cl5d-2gbpq and I got f2-6400-cl5d-4gbpq. Could he have purchased the 4bghk and cpuz just breaks them down to 2gbhk per slot installed?? if so would that not lead back to gskills page and the 4-4-4-12 @ 1.8??

Comment

Sticker on the box says:

F2-6400CL4D-4GBHK

CL4-4-4-12 1.8-1.9V

I tried that already before coming in here, but did not touch the voltage yet though.

So the box says 6400CL4D (for dual channel I guess) but NOT CPU-Z :?
                  Last edited by moose; 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I was looking at your original post where you showed it as F2-6400CL4-2GBBHK (extra 'B', I deducted)

Tman

Comment

Soo, I memtest86'ed both sticks individually for 30mins + (one of the sticks went trough the whole 1hr15 mins test) and both came out OK, no errors.

Tested at 4-4-4-12 tRFC 65 and voltage at 1.9

I have latest BIOS which is 2204.

Comment

Woo! Back online in dual channel baby!

Settings: 4-4-4-12, 2T, 65 tRFC, 1.9V

Just had to disable Mem OC Charger and set Clock Twister to "Lighter"

Thanks to all for the help!

Comment

congrats, I figured you would get it after playing around in there lol I just wish I could have seen your eyes when it posted and went on into Windows lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dumaine View Post
                            congrats, I figured you would get it after playing around in there lol I just wish I could have seen your eyes when it posted and went on into Windows lol
                            Actually, I don't boot Windows before memtest86 shows solid results (don't want to screw up my Windows install).

But it was total pot shot though, I don't even know what are these settings for... I just know that "Lighter" probably means more for stability than performances.

Comment

The clock twister sort of makes minute adjustment to to your timings, if your running CL5, then higher or tighter might be having your CL at 4.8/5.1 as opposed to just plain 5 , where lighter might be more like 5.5/5.6.....way more than I want to play with, if your runing 5-5-5-15 as an example, you won't see any difference in that from say a 5-6-6-17......so who wants to get into, what may be tenths.........

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X