Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ram should i get for my asus commando mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ram should i get for my asus commando mobo?

Hey guys, I am just wondering what you would recommend would be the best ram from gskill for me to get to go with my asus commando mobo. I just upgraded to windows 7 and would like to get the most ram that would still provide decent overclocks. Thanks in advance!

Well, your mobo currently is rated to 800 DRAM and 1066 FSB, and you mention OCing but don't list your CPU or actual OC intent. While they may increase the FSB to 1333 and/or the RAM to 1066 via future BIOS updates (though I wouldn't count on it, it's possible), think I'd recommend going with one of the 800 2x2 CL4 rated sets ($93-100), or as an alternative, in the same price range you could go 2x2 1066 RAM, downclock it to 800 or better at a low CL and then if you upgrade the mobo you'll have 1066 to move up into the newer mobo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hey thanks for the fast reply! currently i have a e6300 overclocked and running stable at 3.6ghz

Comment

I'd stay with my original suggestion, you might like the Ripjaws, they are good sticks, either 800 or 1066

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X