• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Merit an RMA??

Mobo: Abit NF-M2 nView
    CPU: AMD Opteron 1210
    Mem: F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
    Problem: 1 Stick Fails MemTest

Have a set of F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ that is my favorite 800s when it comes to overclocking as I don?t really have to do much and use vdmm of 2.1 and with good cooling maybe 2.2.

At any rate I pulled an Abit NFM2-nView and Opty 1210 out of mothballs to play with one more time before selling them. Did some ?mild? oc?ing using the above memory with max vdmm at 2.1v. I noticed I couldn?t get to the levels I had in the past, and after a morning session I noticed I was going ?backwards?. I would get HPi & Prime failures at less than half of the FSB settings from the morning session regardless of vCore.

Decided to run memtest for S & Gs and right off the bat I was getting errors from one stick and after 133 errors in less than 5 ? 10 minutes I stopped the test. The other stick didn?t have a hiccup and I let it run for over an hour. As a matter of fact I?m able to oc at a lower vCore with just the single stick!

So anyway I don?t have my ?proof of purchase? anymore but was wondering if it falls under the lifetime warranty?
    Last edited by jedihobbit; 01-21-2010, 07:17 AM. Reason: Place system information at the top / Change Title

Anyone?

Comment

BTW the testing was done with the memory set at 5-5-5-18-2T, does that info help any at getting a response?

THKS

Comment

Will have to have GSkill make the call, their folks will be in Monday morning or you might be able to expedite by dropping a line to ustech@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Comment

Working...
          X