F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and M3A32-MVP Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and M3A32-MVP Deluxe

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and the Asus M3A32-mvp deluxe will not function with standard settings @ 1066. Volts attempted @ 2 and 2.1v.

I have also tried an F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK with the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and I can get it to windows for a few seconds before it blue screens and reboots. I tried all settings auto, same. Several attempts @ loosening the timings, different voltage combination's, all led to failure.

If I set the ram to 800Mhz, its stable. If I try the rated 1066, unstable.

Please forward settings that should allow both these kits to function properly together.

Phenom II 940 BE @ stock 3Ghz
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe wifi Motherboard ( latest bios available that is NOT a beta )
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK - which have same volts, same timing.

Please advise,

Hali_Newf
    Antec 900v2 | PhenomII 940BE | M3A32-MVP | V8 cooling | 4870's X-fire | 4G G Skill | 1x74G Raptor 2xHDD | 850w Modular | Win7 Ultimate | AuzenTech X-Plosion | Z5500 w/Klipsch Promedia | A+ Net+

load your base timings and DRAM voltage manually, don't use auto, set your Command Rate or Timing to 2N and will want the tRFC about 195 for 4 sticks or 127.5 for 2 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and M3A32-MVP Deluxe

Tradsman -

Thank you for the reply. It has been suggested by the GSkill staff that my revision of cpu may not be able to handle 4 sticks @ 1066. It may very well do 4 sticks @ 800 but not 1066. Are you able to shed some light on this?
      Antec 900v2 | PhenomII 940BE | M3A32-MVP | V8 cooling | 4870's X-fire | 4G G Skill | 1x74G Raptor 2xHDD | 850w Modular | Win7 Ultimate | AuzenTech X-Plosion | Z5500 w/Klipsch Promedia | A+ Net+

Comment

It's quite possible, the AMD CPUs (basically all of them) have a fairly weak MC (memory controller and it varies between the models ie. the 720 CPU is actually the same as your 940 w/ a core turned off (originally it came out as the 720 because of a bad lot manufactured w/ a defective core)). So you might want to set up at 800 (same settings) and then gradually increase the DRAM speed while maintaining stability. When you reach the point that it loses stability, you can increase voltage a tad (say .5) and then continue to increase speed.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have considered this earlier. Seeing as I bought this cpu when prices were bloated, I feel they should live up to the fact that amd says it will accept 1066 memory. I have never seen them say it will have an issue with running 4 sticks ( which to me is absurd unless openly stated before you buy )

I have E-Mailed AMD about the issue with also a request to rma the cpu for a fully functional one if they are not able to advise on the issue.

Thanks to you and Gskill support and advisement - But I should not have to start from 800 Mhz for an AM2+ cpu. They are advertised to run @ 1066. I "should" be able to run 6 gigs if I so choose lol

So I am going to see what AMD has to say about the issue and go from there. I love the Gskill memory - the 4 gig kit I have now runs beautifully and I have noticed a dramatic performance increase. Thank you. I will post back anything AMD advises.

Comment

Working...
          X