• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and K9A2

Amd Phenom II X4 940
    Msi K9A2 CF (ms-7388)
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Got this setup this past summer and it worked great up until the begining of January when i got my first BSOD. It was Memory Management. I flashed my bios and updated all my drivers and got another BSOD about a day later same thing.
    At this point i tested my memory with the windows 7 memory tester, it told me i had hardware issues. So i got memtest, and started testing, both sticks together i got errors, individually one stick gave no errors, the other stick gave errors almost immediately. I did the testing in the same ram slot.

I believe it is a bad memory stick but wanted to confirm before i start the RMA and if it is bad do i send both back because they are part of the same pack?

Thanks

Sounds like it, I'd run it through memtest one more time and make sure you have the correct base timings and dram voltage input manually (the auto settings can sway) also ensure command rate/timing is at 2T (or 2N), should be fine to RMA a single stick but will want to check with either ustech@gskill.com or rma@gskill.com (if in the states, I'd suggest ustech address)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

will do, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X