F2-9600cl??? & ep45-ud3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600cl??? & ep45-ud3p

I have been playing with the 800MHz sticks (F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ x2) and have just about hit my limit with them so I was wondering about just maxing out this board and this Q9550 (dont ask me why because I dont even know....prolly just want it as fast as it can be, just to say that it is....).

So I have been checking up on the F2-9600's and just wondering if its worth the 140 bux I gotta spend to get them? I seen a few reviews around that say they run rather well with this board, any input will be appreciated!!

Also figured if I was gonna spend it I might as well just jump right over the 1066 MHz sticks and just go for the gusto!

You can get a set 2x2 set of 1200 Ripjaws at the Egg for $110, as to a difference - between 1200 and 1066 there's nothing you'll ever see except in benchmarks, the difference will all be in the numbers, the diff between 800 and 1066 or 1200 can be 'seen' by many users, but again mostly will show in benchmarks.You've got a great CPU, with a decent aftermarket cooler you should be able to run 3.6 or better easy (had them up 4.1 on a UD3R) w/ 8GB already, it's a crapshoot. If your into power, might want to put the money towards starting on a new build (maybe a piece at a time and move on up towards a 1156 or 1366 setup.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for saving me a bunch of cheese TMan....have been running at 3.612 with the Dark Knight cooler and not even breaking a sweat (29I/48L) and backed the chips back down to 850M (5-5-5-15).

Had them at 1000 yet you are correct.....for the difference I was seeing was quite minute. Toyed with 800 M (4-4-4-12) and thought I had it correct. It would restart all day with no problem yet went to bed and from a cold boot the next morning it didnt wanna start.....finally started after a few recycles to the dreaded "failed overclock screen"

Comment

If your going to drop those sticks to CL4 might want to raise your DRAM voltage to 1.95 (it's safe) and possibly raise your tRFC about 3-5 clicks, the extra voltage will give a bit of boost on your cold boots and the higher tRFC will help stabilize all.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X