F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ dual channel not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ dual channel not working

Hello i have recently built my own computer and am having problems with freezing and blue screening when ihave both of the dual channel gskill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ ram sticks in the mobo BIOSTAR TP45E combo. Blue screen error codes read by proffesionals from microsoft tech forums point to memory corruption so i looked into it on biostars end using their update drivers and succesfully updated the standard dual channel controller to what appears in device manager as a storage controller named JMicron JMB368 Controller. Now i ran memtest86+ on each ram stick individually and with them both in just about an hour ago and all 3 tests came back without errors but when running windows for ~15 mins i get a freeze or a blue screen when both ram sticks are in so i am forced to run with a single ram stick to keep the computer functional. other specs include an NVIDIA GeForce GT240, WD 750gig 32mb cache HD, corsair psu 550w, Intel Pentium(R) Processor E6300 dual core 2.8 ghz, and an MSI dvd rw cd drive. need help this is quite frustrating

additional info

if i didn't post any info you need or this problem has occured before please tell me or point me in the right direction

Comment

Did you check memory settings in BIOS to make sure they are correct? If you continue to have issues, simply send them in for new replacements and the new ones should work better.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

What should the settings be? I'm not tech savy enough to just know what they should be

Comment

ok the overclock utility that comes with the mobo shows that the memory is only operating at 401.5 mhz the voltage is right in the bios but it only gives me a few options for mhz settings for the ram should i manually change it to 800? or just leave it on auto?

Comment

Don't rely on the auto settings, manually put in your base timings 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage to 1.9, Command Rate to 2T. Might also check to make sure you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok i checked the settings and manually adjusted the ones you told me to except for the voltage because i can't find a setting in the bios to change that. i have updated the bios and it is up to date, i took a few pictures of the bios screen on the ram settings area and here they are(sorry couldn't figure out how to post them so i uploaded to my facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1372685978

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1372685978

one of those should work i hope

Comment

They worked fine, DRAM Voltage will be away, I believe it comes after the base timings, etc and should be in with other voltage settings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok i double checked the entire menu and could not find anyway to change DRAM voltage i did however find DDR voltage but its max setting available was 1.85 volts. i'm utterly confused here and its pissing me off my most probable solutions on my end are that the dual channel controller doesnt work or the chipset is wackey. i submitted a query to biostar but they havnt told me crap and its been like 5 days

Comment

Working...
                  X