• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R BSOD problems

Model of the motherboard: MB GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P P45 775 R
    Model of the memory: MEM 2Gx2|GSK F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK R
    Model of the CPU: CPU INTEL|C2D E7400 2.8G 775 RT

I tried the troubleshooting steps in the help section here but my computer still randomly gets the BSOD and restarts daily, if not more. Any tips? I'm getting frustrated because this is a brand new computer.

Please try the following settings:

CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
    CPU Host Frequency - 333
    Performance Enhance - Standard
    System Memory Mulitplier - 3.20B
    DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
    CAS Latency - 5
    tRCD - 5
    tRP - 5
    tRAS - 15

Advanced Timing Control (submenu)
    tRRD - 4
    tWTR - 4
    tWR - 8
    tRFC - 68
    tRTP - 4
    Command Rate - 2

MCH Core - 1.20V
    DRAM Voltage - 2.10V

Make sure the memory is installed in slots 2 and 4. Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Still not working properly

The memory is installed in slots 2 and 4. I applied all the BIOS settings described, but I still got the BSOD the next day. Any other troubleshooting tips?

Comment

http://forums.tweaktown.com/339371-post13.html

Use these settings in this post, and move the Static tRead Value to 8

Comment

I have the same CPU, motherboard, and RAM set as teaaker. I have not tried running the RAM in slots 2 and 4 yet. I will try what was suggested and reply back with the result ASAP.

Thank you.

Comment

Not working.

So, I have tried all the settings in the help section. All the settings here. And still nothing. Just kept restarting. I just saw there was an update for the BIOS to version FD and updated that. Now, I have my host frequency at 400. I have all my Advanced Timing Controls set to what is said above, same with the voltages. I am using the 2.00D multiplier at the moment. Everything else is set to auto. So my BIOS says the RAM is running at 800 Mhz. But when I run CPU ID, it says my memory is running at only 400 Mhz. I don't know which one to believe. I just noticed this and wanted to make sure there isn't a problem there else well.

Comment

CPU-z should show 400MHz as that is the base frequency. DDR (double data rate) doubles that value for DDR2-800. If you run DDR2-800, you can use 4-4-4-12 timings for maximum performance.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

This memory config has still given me the BSOD multiple times. Is there anything else we can try? Or can I get a refund? This has been a terrible experience and just wish to be done with it.

Comment

Have you run memtest on the sticks individually in slot one to see if one or both sticks are bad? If both test OK, try raising your NB voltage .1 and your what's your vCore

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What program would I run this test with?

Comment

How do I request a refund/replacement/product swap? This is getting ridiculous, I would like to be able to talk to a person on the phone or chat.

Comment

I had the exact same board and memory as you and never got dual channel ram stable "only single"thit ram hates that board .I RMA'd board 3 times finally gigabyte gave me a refund ,i just installed a P5Q pro turbo and no problems no bios tweaks runs great dual channel .The QVL for thit memory only has 1 old gigabyte board on it.ASus boards work great with this ram.Keep calling the vendor and the maufacturer ,and demand to talk to someone in charge "don't take no for an answer"but be polite" you will get a refund from 1 of the company's

Q9400-2.67 GHZ__Arctic 7cooler__P5Q pro turbo__gskill 4GBPK 1066__WD cav.blk 620gb__750W Pc power & cooling__XFX HD 4890 __ Lian-Li case K7B_ acer 23"H233H__ XP 32
                        Last edited by pliskin28; 01-23-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Seems hard to believe that the RAM could be bad, it's a simple piece of hardware. I'll try talking to gigabyte and getting a refund.

Comment

Memtest

teaacker, you can download Memtest86 here. Make sure to download the correct one, more than likely the Windows version. Decompress then burn the ISO to DVD. Then boot using that. If you have any problems, I am sure you can find the solution for it on Google.

Comment

Memtest86, can be found here:

http://www.memtest86.com/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X