Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts and ideas. help also.

i have a GB-EP43-UD3L with a e8400 and ram kit f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk
    it does run on here. not at normal speeds though.
    my CPU is supposed to be a 333 fsb cpu. and the ram at 533=1066.
    will at "stock" setting it will not run. mem test will error out.
    so what i have come up with over these last few days. is. as fallows.
    (on a side note, i really hate typing)

mobo voltages need to be changed.
    ram up to 2.1 MCH need to be 1.2-1.3
    cmd needs to be 2.
    tRD needs to be at least 8. maybe higher. i was able to get mine to 7 but not the 5 i was hoping for.

anyhow. my cpu and mobo will run at 400 FSB for a 1-1 ratio w/ram. but i wanted 1066 ram. and my mobo will not run a 400 cpu and 533 ram. wouldn't even boot.
    untill now.

the ram needs to be in slots 2 and 4. as 1 -3 will not work. no matter the timings.
    heck you can put them in 1 and 2 it still says duel channel interleave.

there is a "latch" setting you can change in the bios. i have no idea how the a vs b vs c v d setting make that big of a difference when the ram would be at the same speed for different ones. but it does.

now my questions.
    is it better to have my ram at 400=800 with a 1-1 ratio with the cpu or at 533-1066 and 3-4 ratio.
    should i stay with the 4 gb at 1066 or drop to 800 and have 6 gb ram?
    here are some screen shots that might be of some help.
    i want performance i run several VM's and premiere and game also.

hum.. it's not letting put images up....

Rather than mess with trying to run things based on ratios, I'd set everything manually the RAM at 1066, stock timings and voltage with Command Rate at 2T and then run the CPU at whatever you want depending on the cooler/heat sink...with a decent one you should be able to run the CPU anywhere from 3.5 to 3.8 GHz or better on air

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i've tried that. it doesn't like it.
      i have set the ram to 1066 and now the FSB at 400. had to change voltages to get it to work.
      even at 333 fsb it wouldnt work. but it does seem to be happy at 400 and 1066 now. odd i know. what i was asking,
      for better performance is it better to have the ram to FSb ratio the same 1:1 or where i have it 3:4 ??
      i have no problem lowering it to 800. just didn't know if the ratio would help in the performance section. i was as little latency as i can get.

Comment

what do you think of that? new ram or mobo.? trying to convince my wife i need either it not going to be easy.

Comment

Working...
        X