F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ and EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ and EP45-UD3P

Hello, I currently have the F2-6400CL5D 4GBPQ (x2) and the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P will be arriving here soon. In an effort to ease up the pain that often comes when setting up a new board I thought I should leave this post.

Any suggestions on timings to get this thing stable at 4 GB and 8GB?? Currently running typical 5-5-5-15 2T on Asus P5E VM-HDMI and stable with all 8 gigs...I have never messed with the other timings because I am unclear of those.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Should run stable at stock timings and 2T, may have to raise the tRFC and NB a bit with the 8GB opposed to 4GB.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks TMan...we shall see what happens next week , I have been reading somewhat crazy stories about the mobo and just hope I get a good one....LOL

Comment

Think you should be fine with the 800 sticks, might want to check the mobo when it gets there and make sure you have the latest BIOS on it, latest is 4/16/09, the F9 or may want to load the latest beta F10f, 8/25/09 which is a little better w/ RAM settings, can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...2914#anchor_os

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for your answers....how much headroom you thing I can achieve with these sticks and the board?? stable headroom that is?? Also I guess it depends on what revision board I get because I see different bios releases depending on v 1.1 and 1.6. I assume that they are shipping 1.6 versions now
          Last edited by Dumaine; 01-03-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

They are sending 1.6 now i just RMA'd that board 3 times ,waiting on my fourth.I'm pretty sure it will work with that model of ram you bought .your lucky you didn't buy F2-8500CL5D-4GBPk like i did it sucks never worked right with my board.I wish they will let me exchange it for a model that gygabyte uses to test their boards like its big bro the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ "PQ" version it works. Hope you have better luck. than i have,i'm stuck in PC hell ........

Comment

Just got it yesterday and up and running on all 8GB so far and all is on auto so far cept for the timings and voltage. The memory was reconized and all was correct yet I still entered them manually. I did update to the current Bios (fd I think it was) and its purring like a kitten so far! So far so good

Comment

Update....

Well I guess I might have got lucky, and it looks like this memory just might work out. I am currently running this memory at 800MHz 1/1 ratio with my Q9550 clocked @ 3.4, didnt change a single setting in the BIOS other than manually input the timings and memory voltage and play with that multiplier to get it to stay at 800.

Ran Memtest all night and woke up to no errors, then started Prime95 this morning and its still running as I type this post( so far 7 hours). NOw I wonder just how far I can push these sticks.

Comment

.........now have it @962MHz and ran memtest overnight with 0 errors...with all 8gig installed 5-5-5-15 2T 1.9 v and still have not touched the NB voltage. Dunno if thats good or bad yet its passing the usual stress tests that most everyone run. I also ran Everest cache and memory benchmark for the first time, just dont actually know how to interpet the results

Comment

Working...
                  X