Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + ASUS M4A78-E + ASUS P5Q-Pro

Hi,

I am having trouble getting two different computers to be stable with one of the two sticks I have of F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. Specifically, I receive bluescreens and hardlocks in Windows 7.

My hardware:
    Corsair 750W TX PSU as well as Mushkin 550W
    Asus M4A78-e as well as Asus P5Q Pro motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 as well as AMD Phenom II 940 processor
    G.Skill 4GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

I have tested the memory with Memtest86+, both sticks together and individually for many hours and at least 20 passes and received no errors. I have also run Prime95 blend for 3 hours with no errors.

I have tried updating the BIOS, tried DRAM voltages of 2.0-2.2, and have tried upping the NB voltage, and manually entering timings as suggested in many other threads on this forum for similar or identical hardware. I consulted your BIOS guides extensively.

One stick works fine under any stress I have attempted, but one stick does not.

I beleive I need to RMA the one stick, or both, or whatever is the policy when half the pack is faulty. I submitted an RMA to ncix.com stating the above, but it was declined, even though it seems it is not uncommon for bad RAM to pass various tests but malfunction in actual use.

The fact that I have used two wildly different computers, and receive complete stability with one stick but not the other on both systems, should be enough for to warrant an RMA. Please advise.

Thanks
    C.C.

ps. Link to my current troubleshooting on the retailer's website:
    http://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=...oduct_id=28306

Gskill normally will go ahead and do an RMA on a single stick, you'll want to contact them at either ustech@gskill.com or rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. I have emailed the latter address, as I live in BC , Canada.

Comment

Might also try the USTECH address, the RMA would prob run through California
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 12-24-2009, 02:31 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was directed to the RMA website at: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

The document they link to there, are you supposed to download it, fill it out, and email it the rma email address? Seems like an outdated style of form given today's fill-out-able PDF's. Thanks for the help Tradesmen. I was hoping to avoid an extensive "here try these timingz" thread.
          Last edited by NArkshaRK; 12-23-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I have now received my replacement RAM and it seems to be functioning properly.

My only complaint is that I was required to send in my faulty RAM in a package with a lot of packaging, and that was RAM that didn't even work.

My replacement arrived in the shoddiest of packages with almost zero protection, and thatw as the RAM that did work.

Seems backwards to me.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working, as far as packaging, et al, you'll have to take that up through GSkill, best bet may be through ustech@gskill.com, I don't work for Gskill, Just help out here, it helps me keep up with the wide range of mobo's, RAM, etc out there

Tman

Comment

For RMA returns, extensive packaging is NOT required. Simple bubble envelope or such would be sufficient. No point in protecting something that no longer works properly.

Glad to hear your new memory package is working just fine.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X