No announcement yet.

MARS + G.skill = crashing. Which is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARS + G.skill = crashing. Which is it?

I've built a new machine in the past month. I'm getting crashes, depending on which banks the memory is in, but even best case I still get errors. Using defaults on everything. Memtest throws anywhere from 0 errors to 4000, depending on which banks memory is in, but even testing the same setup different days produces different results. Currently running in banks 2 & 4 as that has the fewest crashes.

I'm trying to determine whether it's the mobo or RAM.

Intel E7500
    Foxconn MARS
    G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK - Retail
    650W PSU
    GTS260

Did you configure the memory settings in BIOS? Make sure memory voltage is set to 2.10V otherwise the default 1.80V will not be enough. Depending on the "AUTO" actual voltage being supplied would give reason to why it is more stable at times.

Once you have manually configured memory settings to the proper specifications, everything should be fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

The default voltage is 2.1 - it got that right. What other settings do I need to check?

Comment

Base timings of 5-5-5-15, Command Rate at 2T, also if further problems persist might raise the NB Voltage a tad and let us know what your FSB is

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Waaaay later, here's what happened

For some reason, it was the banks of memory I had it in. The manual was unclear which banks they should go in, 1/3 or 2/4. I moved it to the other set and all was well.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, good troubleshooting ! Have a good one and stay in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X