F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK + Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

Need help getting memory to run stable in dual channel. I have the RAM in slots 2 and 4 running fine at 800 2.1v, but when I try 1066 it Blue screens when I play a game.
    Memtested both sticks individually 5 passes, no errors.
    I have an intel q8300 and a gts 250 on win 7 pro 64-bit, if that helps. Thanks

Make sure memory timings are set correctly. Performance Enhance and XMP should be disabled. If you continue to have issues, post up the rest of your BIOS settings so we can see what you have set incorrectly. Or, simply post up screen shots of your BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ran fine for a day, but then got a system service exception BSOD.

BIOS Settings
      Robust Graphics Booster [Auto]
      CPU Clock Ratio [7x]
      Fine CPU Clock Ratio [+0.5]

CPU Host Control [Disabled]
      CPU Host Freq [333]
      PCI Express Freq 100 [Auto]
      C.I.A. 2 [Disabled]

Performance Enhance [Standard]
      XMP [Disabled]
      MCH Freq Latch [Auto]
      System Memory Multiplier SPD [Auto]
      1066 [1066]
      CAS 5 [5]
      tRCD 7 [5]
      tRP 7 [5]
      tRAS 20 [15]

Advanced Timing Control
      tRRD 4 [Auto]
      tWTR 4 [Auto]
      tWR 8 [Auto]
      tRFC 68 [Auto]
      tRTP 4 [Auto]
      CMD 0 [Auto]

Load Line Calibration [Disabled]
      CPU Vcore 1.2875 [Auto]
      CPU Termination 1.2 [Auto]
      CPU PLL 1.55 [Auto]
      CPU Reference 0.805 [Auto]
      MCH Core 1.1 [Auto]
      MCH Reference 0.76 [Auto]
      ICH I/O 1.55 [Auto]
      ICH Core 1.1 [Auto]
      DRAM Voltage 1.8 [2.1]

Comment

MCH Core 1.2, CMD 2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

still need help

When my system startups up it says memory is dual channel interleaved, but says RAM is 4193280k.
          I've been getting bsods from ntoskrnl.exe

This is my first build, so I don't really know how to fix this.
          I might have more problems than just memory.
          Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have you tried the sticks in 1-3, also do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I originally started in 1-3, but it was crashing all the time (firefox, steam, etc). 2-4 is what the gigabyte people said is fine and has been the most stable for my user admin account, but I created user accounts for my sister and dad and they crash all the time. I have the latest bios.

Windows 7 did crash once during install, and when I finally finished an install, I have a 100mb unallocated in the front of my hard drive that wont move.

Comment

This is still Northbridge and/or memory issue. (windows does not crash for nothing. todays Vista/7 are very stable systems as long system is)

The board cannot handle the bdw or the memory cannot copy data through to do descripted issue. Sadly I cannot help you on 1066Mhz as I have found no solution to stabilize it at any condition with G.skill memory.

Only way to even remotely try is to bring tRD up, tWTR to 5T, tRFC around 85T and kill the errors or bring the board & memory voltage so high it can handle bandwidth as in I'm using these days almost as standard around 2.160-2.206v on DDR2 no way in hell 1.8-1.9v will cut it and not to even speak of 1066Mhz even at 266Mhz strap as here.
                "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I can get 1 stick stable with the EP45-UD3P and the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK = use 2nd slot at 1066,cpu freq. 333,evrything set 2 manual on standard perf. 1.98volts , pciMHZ 96,,,3.20B multi.,,timings 55515, ADV clock 700mv and pci 900 mv ,,timing control 4,4,8,68,4,2 however 2 sticks very unstable system completely unresponsive boots up but basicly useless internet doen't work games crash ect.. Basicly this ram sucks when used with this board ... I no for fact gigabyte uses the PQ version in their warehouse in california 2 test their boards its much more stable ram its made for OC'ing unlike this cheaper unstable version ...wish i new this before i bought it.dammnnnn!
                  Last edited by pliskin28; 01-05-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X