• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400phu2-gbhz

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3 v 3.3
    Model of the memory: F2-6400PHU2-GBHZ
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300

What is the problem?

Whenever I turn on the computer with both 1 gig sticks in, the computer does a continuous on off on off cycle. If I remove one of the sticks, the pc boots up fine. but if I use just the other stick, it does the same thing again. I try good RAM besides these, and I have no problems. It appears to be something wrong with one of the sticks, perhaps. Any help would be great. Thanks!

did you enter and set your base timings and DRAM voltage manually? Have you run Memtest on each stick individually to see if one is bad? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

When the computer was set up over 2 years ago, I had the BIOS detect the memory. It has been on CL4-4-4-12, 2 volts. I cannot run memtest, because when I use this stick, it causes problems. The other half of the pair does not cause problems however. Yes it is the latest BIOS.

Comment

Simply send it in for a new replacement and everything should be fine.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

ok thanks. I went there downloaded the USA RMA form and filled it out. But where do I get the RMA # to put in there? Thanks!

Comment

oh oops..never mind. I see I need to fill it out and email it in order to get the RMA # sorry about that!

Comment

Working...
            X