Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question before purchuse

Hi, I want to buy two of these:
    F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B (G.Skill DDR2 4096MB 1066MHZ Dual Channel 4GBPI CL5-5-5-15 BLACK EDITION)

I have an Asus Maximum II Formula
    My processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz

Will it support my mainboard?

Should be no problem....with 8GB though don't trust the ASUS auto setup, enter your base timings, DRAM voltage and Command rate manually, and when you initially install them suggest having CPU at default speed, and install one set at a time rather than all 4 sticks at once.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Honest opinion. I would skip these sticks for this board they won't reach designed speeds in any state, if someone disagrees prove me wrong.

Would suggest searching HZ serie sticks, if something but once again just personal opinion.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Tradesman:
        Ok, But I don't see why. and How should I insert the timing,DRAM voltage and command rate manully?
        what are the exect values.
        thanks reguardless
        Genetix:
        thank you for your advice, but if you had a bad experience with this board and or with these sticks it doesn't necessarily means that the products have a computability issues.
        In fact, it's impossible for a system to display it's full speed as there are a lot of bottlenecks that prevent those speeds, so the 'burden' of proofing is on you.
        Last edited by Skeith; 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeith View Post
          Genetix:
          thank you for your advice, but if you had a bad experience with this board and or with these sticks it doesn't necessarily means that the products have a computability issues.
          I do not have bad experience I'm using thse memory modules.

Originally posted by Skeith View Post
          In fact, it's impossible for a system to display it's full speed as there are a lot of bottlenecks that prevent those speeds, so the 'burden' of proofing is on you.
          very incorrect in everything in this line. bottleneck is something you get for 1 component bottling up. This does not mean you cannot see another component full speeds what it does mean you would be preventing component speed with another component which in this case is ~twice as fast as the memory and quad bumped.

I don't need to prove anything you can check my topic on sticky under this same forum and repeat myself, if someone will see anything I said wrong prove it.
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Should have absolutely no issues with that motherboard and memory package.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X