F2-9600cl5D-4gbtd on Asus M4N82 Deluxe problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600cl5D-4gbtd on Asus M4N82 Deluxe problem

I am having problems with this memory kit (F2-9600cl5D-4gbtd). basically my system fails to boot when this kit is installed. I did change the bios settings using values recomanded in this forum and tried to cranck up the Dram voltage to 1.9V (using my old ram to get into the bios setting) but still no luck. My motherboard is the model M4N82 Deluxe from ASUS and I have tried the CPUs Athlon 250 and Phenom 11 965 and still the motherboard failed to booth with this kit installed. Please can you assist me with this problem.
    specs:
    AMD Phenom 2 965 C2
    Asus M4N82 Deluxe Mobo
    F2-9600cl5D-4gbtd 4GB
    1KW Antech power supply
    Gainward 285GTX Video card
    liquid cooling system (coolant chilled at 5deg)

Might want to try with base timings 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage 1.8, set speed to 1066, Command Rate to 2T or 2N depending on how it shows, once you get that stable, then you'll prob need to put a slight OC on the system before upping the speed to 1200

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You will need to set the CPU Host Clock to 300 to operate DDR2-1200, but with that processor and motherboard it won't be able to operate that speed. Try DDR2-1066 first, then work your way up. Try increasing the DRAM Voltage to 2.0V or 2.10V if lower voltages will not work. If you have HT Voltage, try increasing that to 1.40V.

What slots do you have them installed in? Try slot 3 and 4, then 2 and 4.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for your help. Placing the dimms in slots 3 and 5 (A2 and B2) did help. At least I was able to get into the bios with these sticks installed. unfortunately even with the suggested setting the system is too unstable and hangs as soon as it starts booting windows. I also tried to run this kit at DDR2-800 but the result was the same. Should I simply replace the Mobo? and which one works best with this ram?

regards

Comment

sorry, I mean slot 3 & 4

Comment

Is the DRAM speed set at 1066? Check tRFC should be about 110 to 112.5. If no joy, try running memtest on each stick individually in slot 1 to see if you have a bad stick.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bad memory sticks

I have tried to run memtest but even this program crashes as soon as it starts testing the memory. I think the memory is faulty

Comment

Send them in for new replacements and see if the new ones will be better.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X