F2-6400CL4D 4GBok PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D 4GBok PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 Error

I recently installed Windows 7 and started playing games on it, but whenever I try to paly a game they will crash to desktop. Sometimes be able to play for a good 30minutes? Sometimes a couple minutes. They just say "game.exe" has crashed etc etc.

So I figured it must have been Windows 7 that was buggy, so I reverted back to Windows XP. Again I experience crashes to desktop

I ran a memtest86+ in dual channel mode and woke up with 2 errors, they dont state which channel though! So I figured something is wrong with my ram. I started to test single channel, first stick I tested for a good 10hrs and no errors. Second stick for a good 2? No errors >_>

What is going on??? Help

Specs:
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3R Bios F10
    Intel C2D E8400 @ 3GHz
    F2-6400CL4D-4GB (2x2GB) 4-4-4-12 DDR2

Is it the PKs you have? If so check your voltage is at 2.1, also might check your tRFC think you'll want it around 60

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm, the error on screen is for sure voltage issue indeed. tRFC won't help as there's no errors on hash sets of other tests, but 4579MB/s? there's something also on performance level wrong in this set. Might wanna take a look on tRD/tRead Static values and how is the RAM speed adjustment working there.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I will post my BIOS settings up as I have very litte knowledge when it comes to messing with this stuff

Mind you, this crashing problem didnt happen in Vista...WHen I updated to Win7, games would crash once in awhile, bluescreen ocassionally >_>

As for PKs??Whats that Box just says F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK DDR2-800 PC2-6400 2048MB x2 CL4-4-4-12 2.0~2.1V

Comment

So I set it to 2.1V, ran a 4hr30min test and no errors! Is that good? Or shall I test longer? As for tRD/tRead Static Value, I dont know how to set that up properly Which panel do you need to see in the BIOS? And here is a screenshot of my current test, its not longer at 4579MB/s, is that good or bad?

Oh btw, at the DRAM Voltage I set it to 2.100V, but it's pink, is that bad??

Last edited by ChineseWarri0r; 11-23-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The voltage was the big problem, your early screen shots showed the RAM voltage at 1.8. As to your question on what is PKs?

your RAM package "F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK" indicate the specific model with PK at the end of the last set of figures 4GBPK which stands for 4GigaBytes of PK (the rest "F2" stands for DDR2 and the 6400CL4D stands for 6400 RAM (800 Speed), CL4 = CAS Latency 4 D=Dual Channel

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ohhh I see, So it's just pretty much abbreviated XD Should I post my current BIOS settings? Only thing I changed was DRAM Voltage to 2.100V (But it's pink o_o) If you guys want me to post BIOS settings, what section? I just want to get my system running nice and stable when I game...no overclocking @_@

And thanks Tradesman on the insight ^_^

Comment

"System Memory Multiplier" should be set to manual to 800 and the timing to 4-4-4-12-2N (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-Command Rate)
                DRAM voltage has to be set to 2.0-2.1v
                for the other part, you could keep them default if you're not sure what they are
                it should work fine without problem
                thanks

G.S

Comment

CAS Latency Time is tCL?

For the System Memory Multiplier I set it to 2.40B, is that correct? It showed 800 o_o

as for Command Rate there is no 2N, just 2, is that ok? @__@

Comment

yes
                    it's fine to set 2.40B
                    and it's ok to set only 2(2N may be shown on other motherboards)

G.S

Comment

This looks good? :X

Comment

If it is stable, then everything shoud be fine. Some of the settings are still set to AUTO, but they are picking up correctly so it's no a problem. I would suggest entering them in manually just in case the motherboard decides to change them possibly causing errors.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So...do you mean change the latency timings myself?

Comment

Basically yes, where the BIOS shows timings on the left in white and shows "AUTO" in yellow, highlight the auto and enter the value in white, that way the system won't reset the the values to something else if changes get made.

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the help guys My computer no longer crashes ^_^ Really appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
                              X