X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD and asus p5q se

i buy p5q se and i dont know how i change bios set up
    in this mb my ram boot 800
    when i change ram to 1066 and 1.8 v and other option defult my system not stable and my monitor stand bay after into windows

help meeeeeeeeeeeeee
    for this ram i change and sel p5kpl and buy p5q se

Comment

First you want the latest BIOS ver 1005, can be found here:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...ntent=download

Then manually set base timings to 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage to 1.8 and Command Rate to 2T (or 2N depending on how it's displayed), if any problems let us know....also knowing the CPU and FSB would help.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sell it on ebay quick. I'm still waiting for my RMA from gskill 12 days later,i got the same exact ram as you it's junk.My Gig-P45-UD3p board dont like it either.I tried all there settings dozens of times exactly as they said, only 1 stick would work for a while then neither i RMA'd my board 2 be sure .I got the board back already its fine .I'm still waiting for a relpy on the ram .I mailed them the same day UPS.Gsill sucks go with corsair or ocz.

Comment

Originally posted by pliskin28 View Post
          Sell it on ebay quick. I'm still waiting for my RMA from gskill 12 days later,i got the same exact ram as you it's junk.My Gig-P45-UD3p board dont like it either.I tried all there settings dozens of times exactly as they said, only 1 stick would work for a while then neither i RMA'd my board 2 be sure .I got the board back already its fine .I'm still waiting for a relpy on the ram .I mailed them the same day UPS.Gsill sucks go with corsair or ocz.
          heh, one more happy customer, but since I bothered to check your troubleshoot post, RMA and general troubleshoot. I'd say that's just lame. " i RMA'd my board 2 be sure" <- lol, person who doesn't even know is his board broken or not should not valuate RAM while troubleshooting RAM post you made you tested exactly 0 configurations according what I read. Although, I have to admit advices wasn't that great either.

Understandable that you're pissed off, but that doesn't exactly mean everyone fails where you did and specially not with ASUS-P5Q-SE.
          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I talked to gskill tech on the phone several times to troublshoot it.He suggested rma'ing the board also .LOL I grew tired of arguing with the fanboys on this site. Ive talked to other people on forums who recommend selling it and getting ocz or corsair also.WHY no reply yet from gskill ?support is slow ! can't argue with that .This model of RAM is known for problems just admit it already .
            Last edited by pliskin28; 11-22-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I talked to gskill tech on the phone several times to troublshoot it.He suggested rma'ing the board also .LOL I grew tired of arguing with the fanboys on this site. Ive talked to other people on forums who recommend selling it and getting ocz or corsair also.WHY no reply yet from gskill ?support is slow ! can't argue with that .This model of RAM is known for problems just admit it already .
              I never denied that there was no flaws on the memory. Hell, you can check my top post of testing. G.skill memory has yet to deliver the high frequency on very many series of blocks they have, but considering they're faster on even lower frequencies than others, well, if it would be up to me I'd stick 900Mhz on every damn ddr2 g.skill sells, but for some reason people insist going high memory low cpu speeds here. 'known for issues' hell every single block model in this damn forum is known for issues yet they work and damn fast too.

On what goes to OCZ/Corsair, sure they are decent blocks people can recommend what they want. I believe what I see on my screen and what my benchmarks say I own several blocks on each of these manufacturers.
              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

my cpu is q9550 and my bios is 1005
                i updade bios but i dont manul config in bios and what means of 2t
                hopw i change this item in bios
                i not found this option

Comment

in freq 1005 mhz my ram is stable
                  but in 1066 not stable

Comment

to pliskin:

sorry for the inconvenience
                    but for your case, there is a compatible issue with Gigabyte EP45 UD3P/R and most DDR2 1066 module
                    we already reflected to Gigabyte for a period of time but they are still working out to solve this issue by fixing BIOS
                    once we get solution from Gigabyte, we'll post it out right away
                    thanks

to moghazzal

the option should be displayed as "DRAM Timing Mode" or somethiing like that
                    and you may try to increase FSB voltage a little to 1.3v to see if it helps
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                    X