Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors with F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

A few months back I purchased the following to build out a new system:
    Intel Q9550, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (v1.6), G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (x2), HIS Radeon H485QS1GP.

From the initial build with all 4 sticks of RAM, they system would have the 'endless reboot' problem at the BIOS screen. It finally got to a point where the system wouldn't boot most of the time so I finally decided to run some diagnostics and check the forums.

I tried the all the suggestions... latest BIOS update, boot with just one stick first then add the others, and the BIOS config steps in: [HTML]http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1169[/HTML] Nothing fixed the problem when 4 sticks were installed and some of the settings in the later discussions on the configuration post made things even worse.

I decided to check each stick using an all "Auto" BIOS setup - with performance boosts turned off - since there had been no ovious problems with single and 2 sticks installed. I downloaded the latest version of MemTest86 (v3.5) and booted it up. Here are the results with individual sticks.

Stick A - No Errors after 9 passes
    Stick B - Endless errors on Test #3 in the 3rd pass. Test manually aborted.
    Stick C - 1 error in passes 3 and 5 on Test #5 during 46 passes. (I was napping.)
    Stick D - No Errors after 10 passes

Just to double check I ran Stick B a second time and the errors started again during test #3 on the 3rd pass.

So it looks like I need to RMA Stick B. What about stick C? Should I test it again or just RMA?

I tested Stick B again while waiting for validation to this forum. The same problem occured during the 1st pass this time.

dp

Prob want to RMA, can post in the RMA board at this site, or e-mail ustech@gskill.com (prob your best bet for turnover) or e-mail rma@gskill.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X