Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbtd + asus p5kc + e6750

Hi!
    Could someone be so kind as to provide me with the correct settings I should use in order to get this memory running at 1066MHz in the ASUS mobo P5KC, BIOS Version 1203 (no O.C.)?

I think I?ve done things upside down, by this I mean I relied on G.SKILL?s QVL of mobos (P5KC is listed) instead of relying in ASUS QVL of memories and bough a memory listed there. I?ve made same mistake with Mushkin Enhanced and never was able to put them running at 1066. No use to say: No more Mushkin Enhanced.

I accept that is easier for the mobos manufacturers to test a dozen memories for a particular mobo model, than the memory vendors testing an huge number of mobos models on their products. However, if a mobo model is listed in a memory vendor?s QVL, the memory should plug and play on that mobo, without the need for tricky settings at guru and geek level. As someone from G.Skill support on this same forum stated, ??average costumer just want to plug and paly?? . In fact I believe there are two major groups of PC users: a) ? The ones who want to spend their little available time enjoying the use of a PC. b) ? The ones who enjoy spending an eternity playing around with settings just to get a few more benchmarking points than their neighbors.
    I?ve nothing against the last ones. I wish I have so many time and PC hardware knowledge as them. But as a matter of fact I belong to the a) group, and G.Skill should take care of this ones when publishing the mobos QVL. The a) ?groupers? will assume: Well, they say that my mobo (in this case ASUS P5KC) will run the F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD at 1066MHz.
    I?ve hope to be so lucky as to find someone of the b) group to loan me the knowledge acquired during their playing with settings.

Thanks a lot for any help on the subject.

Do you have the latest BIOS? The sticks go in slots 1-4 (Yellow), set base timings to 5-5-5-15, DRAM voltage at 1.8 and Command Rate at 2T.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

G Thanks for the reply Tradesman.
      The Bios is the latest ASUS provided (1203) .The two sticks are in the Yellow slots.
      With your recommended settings and DRAM FREQ. set to AUTO, POST Screen shows DRAM working at 800MHz. If I manually set DRAM FREQ. to 1067MHz, system won?t boot. Setting DRAM FREQ. to 1000MHz and keeping your settings, the system boots, but obviously DRAM is at 1000Mhz (I would like it at 1066).
      I couldn?t see the Command Rate parameter on the list of settings, maybe is there but with a different name. Could be? DRAM Voltage is at 1.8Volts.
      Thank you again for your kind reply.

Comment

G Thanks for the reply Tradesman.
        The Bios is the latest ASUS provided (1203) .The two sticks are in the Yellow slots.
        With your recommended settings and DRAM FREQ. set to AUTO, POST Screen shows DRAM working at 800MHz. If I manually set DRAM FREQ. to 1067MHz, system won’t boot. Setting DRAM FREQ. to 1000MHz and keeping your settings, the system boots, but obviously DRAM is at 1000Mhz (I would like it at 1066).
        I couldn’t see the Command Rate parameter on the list of settings, maybe is there but with a different name. Could be? DRAM Voltage is at 1.8Volts.
        Thank you again for your kind reply.

Comment

Have to pull up the manual but command rate should be there and will show as 'command' something, either at 1T or 1N...or....2T or 2N

Also check tRFC (should be in advanced timings will want it about 62-68 (or if it is shown in 'ns' (nano-seconds) it will be 127 or 127.5

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Increase the DRAM Voltage to 1.90V. The motherboard may not be supplying enough for DDR2-1066.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the reply and forgive me for the late thanking (I was out for a while).
              Even with the settings recommended here I couldn’t get the sticks running at 1066MHz.
              After selecting several parameters to manual, the DRAM COMMAND RATE shows up. I tried the recommended 2T selection with no results.
              The BIOS shows the following timing information:
              5-5-5-15-3-52-6-3-3. I tried also this values, again without success.
              By the way, the parameters related to timings and voltages selections in my BIOS version are:
              CPU Ratio Setting
              FSB Strap to North Bridge
              FSB Frequency
              DRAM Frequency
              DRAM Command Rate
              DRAM Timing Control
              CAS# Latency
              RAS# to CAS# delay
              RAS# Pretime
              RAS# ACT Time
              RAS# to RAS# Delay
              Ref Cycle Time
              Write Recovery Time
              Write to Read Delay
              Read to Pretime
              DRAM Static Read Control
              DRAM Dynamic Write Control
              Adjust CHA Skew Support
              Adjust CHB Skew Support
              Transation Booster
              CPU Voltage
              CPU PLL Voltage
              FSB Termination Voltage
              NB Voltage
              DRAM Voltage
              Clock Overcharging Voltage
              LoadLine Calibration
              CPU GTL Voltage Ref.
              NB GTL Voltage Ref.
              CPU Spread Spectrum
              PCIE Spread Spectrum.

Comment

Try the following timings:

CAS# Latency 5
                RAS# to CAS# delay 5
                RAS# Pretime 5
                RAS# ACT Time 15
                RAS# to RAS# Delay 4
                Ref Cycle Time 68
                Write Recovery Time 8
                Write to Read Delay 4
                Read to Pretime 4

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

G Thanks. Your reply was as fast as GSkill RAM NOW RUNNIG at 1066MHz!!
                  Yes, with these timings the sticks are functioning at 1066MHz, even with DRAM Voltage set to auto.
                  Thanks also to Tradesman for the good will to help.
                  I’ve had also a similar problem with Mushkin Enhanced and they never come up with a solution nor were so keen to help as GSkill.
                  So guess what will happens when I’ll have to choose a DRAM brand for the next machine I’ll build or upgrade? So long Mushkin Enhanced; hello GSkill!
                  Thanks again for your support

Comment

Working...
                  X