Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on GA-MA790X-UD4P 8gb@800

Motherboard ..... Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
    Memory ............. F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK X2
    CPU .................. AMD PhenomII X4 955be
    GPU .................. EVGA 9800gtx+
    PSU .................. Corsair TX750
    OS ..................... Ubuntu Linux 9.04 - 64 bit

This is my first time building my own and I am a bit low on the curve for getting things set right.
    I intended at the outset to run this memory at 800 to have good stable ram at 8gb with this board.
    My question is, do I still run the recommended timings and voltage with it at 800Mhz as if it were 1066 or do things need to be set differently for 800? Or should I leave everything "auto"in the bios?
    For memory/CPU intensive operations should I run this ganged or unganged?
    This is strictly a machine for my photography with a slight chance for some video editing some time in the future.
    No gaming, no overclocking, I just want a good stable workhorse.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Steve

If your planning to run at 800, start with the stock timings, Command Rate 2T (or 2N), base DRAM Voltage 2.1. If all is stable, you can then try tightening the timings down to appr 4-4-4-12 or better (hopefully).........if I read right and you have 8GB, you'll want to make sure your tRFC is about 195

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much Tradesman, that's what I was looking for.
      Yes, I have two kits for 8GB total. Will I have to raise the NB voltage with these running at 800mhz? I have read other posts suggesting raising it to 1.4v but that was for 8gb at 1066.

Thanks
      Steve

Comment

Try without raising the NB (you generally want to keep all voltages to a minimum), you could pop it up and then gradually reduce it (if need be) to remain stable.....A little extra juice to the CPU may be called for, just to keep the MC steady.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try lowering the DRAM Voltage to 2.0V, increase the NB Voltage to 1.30V. Let us know how that goes.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X