Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + ma790x-ud3p

Hello,

i cant run this combo at 1066mhz and i know thats a common problem, i tried almost any solution i could find in this forum but i just cant run them stable, so help would be really appreciated.

CPU: Phenom II X4 920 (2,8ghz), by the way...

what i tried so far:
    - DDR2-Vol at 2.1, 2.0, 1.9, 1.8
    - NB-Vol at 1.4, 1.2, 1.1
    - SB-Vol at 1.4, 1.2
    - tried loose timings (6-6-6-18)
    - of course the correct timings too
    - tried increasing the tREF (if thats right) from 127.5 to 195
    - tried increasing the Row Cycle Time
    - asked gigabyte for help, recevied new beta-bios
    - sent back ram and received new
    - sent back mainboard and received new

NOTHING WAS STABLE

i noticed that the EPP-profile (with memset) says tWR at 13 but i can only set it to 8 max,
    same with the tRC EPP:48 maxinbios:42
    And in the official memory-support-list from gigabyte for this board exactly this ram-kit (@1066) was tested successfully

i have no idea what to do next (running currently at 800 with 4-4-4-12, stable)
    thanks for any help

PS: oh i almost forgot the strangest thing about this:
    my friend bought the exact same configuration, has the same problems and sent back his ram-kit, too.
    the strange part is that 1 stick out of each 4 kits we tried where unstable when tested with only 1 stick
    Last edited by frank83; 11-12-2009, 07:47 AM.

might try at 5-5-5-15, command rate at 2T, DRAM Voltage at 2.1, tRFC at 127.5, NB at 1.2

Comment

First of all: thanks for the answer!

but i tried that already and had the command rate always at 2T

Comment

Couple of ideas, do you have the latest BIOS, also might try giving the CPU a slight OC or feeding it a bit more voltage, AMD has long had problems with RAM at 1066 or higher, their CPUs have (technically speaking) a relatively weak Memory Controller and unfortunately they don't put alot into R&D to improve them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X