680i SLI memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 680i SLI memory

hi, so I've been searching for a pair of sticks that will work in my system. I want them to be able to run in SLI mode (so they run at 600 mhz instead of the regular 400). I seem to be reading alot that my motherboard is picky about the memory and such. I just want 2x 2 gig sticks that work. So I tried some Gskill ram that said it was SLI capable, but whenever I try to enable it in the BIOS my computer locks up as soon as I change it. My question is, is this the bios fault? is there any memory out there that works (besides that Dominator memory, its way too expensive for me!). The sticks i bought are F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH and as I said theyre not working! any help would be appriciated otherwise ill have to return these and try another brand.

Specs.
    EVGA 680i mobo
    E8400 wolfdale processor (running stock right now)
    2x EVGA 8600GTS
    the above mentioned memory
    550 watt corsair P/S

oh, and im running windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

Which EVGA 680i do you have? they've made a few different models. Do you have the latest BIOS updated on your mobo?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i have the latest bios p33, and its a 680i SLI (i dont think its the LT or anything like that)

Comment

You'll want to try it at stock settings, 6-6-6-18, speed 1200, DRAM Voltage 2.0, Command Rate 2T. If it doesn't work raise the NB voltage a bit. If still no joy, may have to loosen the timings to say 7-7-7-21 @1200, or lower speed to 1066 (possibly the better option of the two.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i guess what im asking is why doesnt this memory work as SLI? i cant figure it out, and this is the second set of ram that ive had the first set worked except one stick went bad after 8 months or so

Comment

Haven't seen anything about any of the RipJaws being SLI enabled, but they might be....these are primarily geared towards P35/45/55 X38/48, etc

These should probably work, but if you want true SLI enabled sticks might look at OCZ

Tman

Comment

i cant find any memory that works for this though, with SLI it goes up to ddr2 1200. these sticks are detected as SLI but when i try to change it it locks up. ive never had this happen where it locks up in the bios, ive had it lock up after restarting. but i cant figure out why this is happening

Comment

while running DDR2 1200, we'd recommend you to set BIOS manually, since there are still some settings need to be set manually, such as FSB voltage
                  you could try to set 5-5-5-15(tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS), command rate 2T, memory voltage 2.1v, FSB voltage 1.4v
                  and please make sure your CPU is able to be overclocked to 400FSB
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                  X