F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH X2=8Gb + GA-MA-790X-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH X2=8Gb + GA-MA-790X-UD4P

I posted a thread and stopped recieving any input on what i should do. I am trying to use to 4gb kits for a total of 8gb on a GA-MA-790X-UD4P. Here are the timmings i am using for the ram to run @ 1200mhz. 6T 6T 6T 18T 2T 7 195ns 195ns 195ns 195ns 8T 3T 42T 5T @2.0V, Cpu multiplier @ 225 puts ram @ 1199mhz. I tried boosting voltage for NB,SB HTL in small increasments and almost got to my OS. I was given a # from my last thread and i didn't have a ext.# so i got no help there. I am running F4 bios as recomended by the mobo manufacture for the Phenom 2 940. If you need a better idea of what has happened or of whats going on you can refer to my first thread under WheeDrive . Also it was suggested to me that i enable the EPP in the Advanced options and i can't find that option for some reason. I was also told that i should flash to F8 bios. But as it states on the CPU compatabilty list of CPU's that bios is for AM3 or the Phenom 2 965. Is there a benfeit to doing this ? I am new to manualy OCing and i don't want to fry my rig. I have since installed the Corsair H5O cooling sytem and it runs cooler than the Zalman 9700. I noticed that people post there bios config. with pics. How can i do this so i don't get lost in translation of typing. I work afternoons so i won't always be around to instantly reply. I have been running this ram @ 1066mhz. with the same timmings but @ 127ns and it runs fine at that. If i continue to do this will it ruin it? Until i get to where i want to be @ 1200mhz. ? I hope i can get this to work as i want the best performance i can get out of this setup. Thats why i bought the best ram that DDR2 class had to offer G.Skill (RIPJAWS). Thanks to all who have knowledge to share.

You should flash to the latest BIOS as although it stated it was compatible, many times it may not be fully compatible. To post BIOS configs, simply take a picture, host it, and post it on here. 127ns is fine, it will not ruin the memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I flashed my bios to F8 and it works perfect. I am adding links to my Flickr pics for my bios settings as they are now . These are the settings that are currently working.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4073291159/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4074049832/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4074049806/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4073291089/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4073291177/

Now i know that @ these setting i won't get to 1200mhz. this is a stable starting point of referance.

Comment

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ult. I am a little surprised @ the fact that i put up a new thread and posted my bios config. and still am waiting for questions and comments to start flowing. What gives ?
        How am i ever gonna get the help that i need. I will be thinking about my exp. here when i go to purchase any ram in the future . I am on the boarder of pissed off :-( I guess i am just screwed and will find a way on my own as allways . I will say this i will be writing the main HQ about my displeasure.
        I am just tired of having to wait DAYS and DAYS . I spend a butt load of time, energy and money on a products that i am unable to get to work rite and the support is just makeing me agrovated . So when AMD actualy comes out with tri channel chips and i build a new rig. Guess which company's won't be there ?

Comment

I recieved my new ram on 10/13 and i still can't use it @ the rated 1200mhz. and it still is unstable @ any mhz. including 800mhz. I think this has got to be the worst buy that i have ever made Period. $230 down the drain. But that's ok here's a stimulas check for the tech guys on ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you're running 8 GB try setting the tRFC at 195.5ns, 127.5 is good for 4GB but 8 needs the additional leeway. Row Cycle Time might have to go up to 45, but just try the tRFC first and let me know how that goes.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

195ns was unstable. 42 is the highest it will go .

Comment

I should be more detailed . I think that 195ns would be fine . It's the other settings that are keeping this from running @ 1200Mhz. Any time i boost the Clock multiplier and it says System is not optimined it doesn't post. I had it post but not go to my Os 1 time. I tried to increase the voltage on the NB.025 and the same with the SB. I also tried to put the HTL @ 2000mhz. Stock it runs @ 1800Mhz. I put it in 1066mhz and put the timming on auto. Seems to be running fine like that. Have been playing Force Unleashed all mornning without any mem dumps. Not sure what the timmings are for that. I will find out and let you know.

Comment

You may be stuck w/ 1066, it's not so much the RAM, but AMD CPUs have trouble dealing with most anything over 1066 w/o OCing (and even often with an OC) and they also don't really seem to put any time into setting the BIOS up for non-'standard' RAM speeds such as 900, 1100, 1200 etc.

If you could post your current BIOS settings as is, we might be able to tweak it a little better (Sorry, I know you posted above, but would like to see what is current...I'll be in and out all day and particularly this evening so we might be able to get something working for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok.....Thank You Tradesman.

Comment

Here are the timmings that the bios made in auto set @ 1066Mhz. Everything else is the same as afr as NB;SB;HTL,Clock gen, Ect.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheedrive/4083229105/

Comment

Might try going back to your original timings in this thread the 6-6-6-18, and kick up the voltage on the CPU.

Tman

Comment

How much voltage is a safe increase?

Comment

I came across a reply from you on my other thread . This is where i get a little lost.

Quote:
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The memory multiplier is maxed out, you'll have to raise the CPU Host Frequency from 200 to 225 for DDR2-1200. Make sure all other settings and voltages are set correctly as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The voltages is what scares me, the give a volt,take a volt from ? Meaning HTL,Cpu,SB,NB,ect.
                            I have faith that even though it's AMD we can achieve the 1200mhz. Just this once:-)
                            My voltage question has mostly to do with . What viltage should i not go over with the curent processor?

Comment

Your screen shot shows the vCore at about 1.34 the CPU is spec-ed as good through 1.5, so why not try 1.4 at first, if all works out you can start lowering, or if need be raise it a hair more.
                              (Also believe the quote above may be GSkill Tech, sounds like him, doesn't sound like a response I'd provide).

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X