Testing memory/what does gskill due ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing memory/what does gskill due ?

Before i RMA these sticks i want to make sure they don't come back to me ever again,whats the best way to test them,memtest doesn't work i get no errors but i no 1 stick keeps failing under load .F2-8500CLRD-4GBPK these seem to popular on this website .lol because they don't work with gigabyte boards. How does gskill test the memory when i send it back ?

On this, you'll need a reply from GSkill, officially they work M-F day hours, so may not get a response till Monday, but might check in over the weekend, G-Tech has been popping in and out and might stop in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

lol, i thought this was gskill support .Do they actually exist somewhere?I can't find a # to call anywhere.LOL thanx anyway ,just thought testing it correctly might pertain to bad memory.Is this website the only way to contact them other than flying to tiawan and kickin in some sweatshop warehouse door ?LOL I'm still laughing shouldn't you no how they test their RAM ,your the last final step before i RMA it and if i test it wrong and it's good i'm screwed ,not Gskill right .Gskill just sends it back right ? In the meantime i have no computer working for weeks and still have Ram thats useless to me.Hmm very interesting company policies Gskill uses,i'm suprised there still in business.Thanx for your help tradesman .god bless

Comment

Phone number and e-mail should be with your RAM

Also phone numbers and e-mail available at www.gskill.com

If you bought at Newegg or looked there, all the same info is available

All the infor your complaining about is right there, ever heard of google........LOL

Some people just need to open their eyes and minds, rather than spend all their time complaining.......it's not that hard

Comment

Well said RamJam, couldn't do better myself

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have read through your posts in both threads you started, it's been suggested a couple of times to upgrade your BIOS, you've refused, saying it has nothing to do with RAM...do you really think ANY manufacturer will list every update that is included in a BIOS update? I'll tell you straight up, the answer is NO, it could take up to a coupple of pages to list everything they update.

You've also been asked to list screenshots of your BIOS, which we haven't seen, but seem deadset on blaming the RAM, it could be any one of a number of factors if you are having failures under load, you may have your vCore to low, you could have a bad or out of date GPU driver, your PSU could be fluctuating, if you won't update your BIOS, then what about drivers, chipsets, OS etc - is anything up to date.

You started right off saying these problems have been going on for 8 months, yet you just joined the boards, what 6 days ago?

Like RAmJam said, if you can't 'find' the phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc, then you just haven't tried, I spend time out here as do RAmJam, TwoCables, Genetix, 4x64 and many others to try and help people, but I for one am not really interested in trying to help anyone that just want to complain and won't even to try to do anything for themselves.....we have a problem with spammers at this site, but generally they are better reading than whiners like you...at least they aren't lazy

Tman

Comment

Gigabyte told me not to mess with the bios .not being lazy .Also i'e tried other forums firtst ,because ive heard on the net this forum doesn't solve the problems they just tell you to update what is already or doesn't need an update.AS far as contacting gskill,i meant a real # were people help,not a recording or eternal hold is not support,smarta$$.Furthermore gskill doen't have a memory configurator yet why? I'f they had 1 and they told the puplic my board is not compatible with this ram like they no it is i wouldn't have to complain .My board and a few others are all complaining about this memory.Why would 1 stick work fine if i needed an update ?and if you read my specs at all you would see my GPU is like 2 months old i just installed the latest stable drivers.I just want to now how gskill recommends testing this ram,seems like a logical question to me.You guys should learn more about gskill before you go playin wannabe tech ,whose really lazy ?You didn't even make sure both sticks were good before you had me tryi'n to update my bios.Gskill fanboys you are
              Last edited by pliskin28; 10-31-2009, 06:15 AM.

Comment

You said the problem has been going on for 8 months, yet you wait till now to complain? Don't want to update the BIOS, yet in the last 8 months there have been at least 3 BIOS updates and you say Gigabyte said not to mess w/ BIOS? (hard to believe) . You have a mobo based on the P45 chipset and buy RAM geared specifically towards other Chipsets X38, P35, 965, 975?

Now here you complain nobody mentioned testing the RAM before suggesting a BIOS update.....YET....in your VERY FIRST POST, it was YOU who stated you had tested each stick with MEMTEST for three hours w/ no errors. No offense, but what are we suppose to think - You said it was tested and fine.

You've said earlier that it worked fine with one game then failed under another...when failing under load in a game it's quite often the GPU driver, which is why nVidia and ATI are constantly updating their drivers, and like with BIOS updates they don't list every single little fix that goes into each update, thought they quite often list the majority of the 'fixes' they've added....

I will say us 'fanboy wannabe' techs have a pretty good success rate helping people that want help, but it's extremely hard when we we try to deal with people who insist on running an out of date (8 months, 3 updates) BIOS, won't post their actual BIOS settings as requested, want to complain about questions we didn't ask (because THEY themselves already answered them), wait for 8 months before even seeking help, won't go out on their own to find info that is readily available (phone number, e-mail addresses, etc), buy components geared towards other products, etc.

As far as being Lazy....I don't think so, I and many others are providing our time our time gratis, we don't get paid or compensated for doing this, and unlike you, who has a single system in front of you, we often are trying to help a large number of people at any given time using systems from top of the line high end systems bare basic entry level systems in all flavors of chipsets, CPUs and RAM.

In the meantime, you could e-mail ustech@gskill.com or rma@gskill.com (since you probably haven't bothered to get the addresses yourself) to see about a RMA, depending on how you ship it, there turnaround to your door is normally appr 7 days or less once the receive the 'bad' RAM (though I personally doubt if anything is wrong w/ the sticks)

Tman

Comment

fanboy ,theres no info saying my RAM is geared specifically towards other Chipsets X38, P35, 965, 975, if it was in the RAM configurator "oh ya gskill still is too lazy to have one" i sure as hell wouldn't have bought it,it's not on the box or the add at new egg either.Why do you think people keep buying it with the wrong chipsets?i doubt they are looking for a headache"i no i'm not" that's why i waited so long to ask 1 stick worked fine and i was busy with work and didn't have time to deal with the hassle as most people have lives and don't consider PC troubleshooting a hobby.Due the pc public a favor and Get a LIFE and let the real techs fix their mess.Even i no memtest is not reliable, RAM under load can fail even though it passes memtest.Try googling it or call a gskill tech and learn something usefull like how they test their ram instead of giving people your theories which don't apply .you remind me of a backyard mechanic .

Comment

Let's see, not at the Egg, it must be my imagination:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...8500cl5d-4gbpk

Under specs, features...................

It's there, been there.......just like the e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc (also at the egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...8500cl5d-4gbpk

look at manufactures info

No hobby, been doing it for a living for close to 30 years.

Anything can fail under extreme load, I simply stated it's more often the GPU driver than the RAM....but maybe I should have clarified 'if the RAM is set up correctly, people are using the latest BIOS (which keeps getting updated for a reason - to fix flaws and keep up with newer technology.
                    Though if you want to talk theory, one longstanding theory I've had (and has proven true time and again) you can't help anyone that won't help themselves, yet think they know everything there is to know.

If you'd have asked 8 months ago, the problem would have been solved long ago, whether it be new sticks or whatever, but apparently it's like looking at the 'add' at newegg, you say no phone number, no e-mail, no mention of the aforementioned chipsets (all of which are there and have been), if you work that much and that hard, you couldn't find a few hours over the last 8 months, it sounds like your the one that doesn't have a life, when you do get some free time you complain rather than trying to get your issues fixed.

That being said if you update your BIOS and post your BIOS settings, maybe someone can assist you.

Tman

Comment

pliskin28,

What motherboard and processor do you have? For this memory package, you will have to configure the memory package since it is above your motherboards default/standards. You will need to set memory frequency to DDR2-1066, memory timings to tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - TRAS 15 - Command Rate 2, lastly memory voltage 2.10V.

If you continue to have issues, try testing each memory module individually. They should be able to operate with those settings.

Our technical support phone number is (909) 598-6860
                      Email is ustech@gskill.com

When we receive memory back, we simply send new replacements. We will do further testing on our own that will not affect your return. If the new sticks have issues as well, the issue may lie elsewhere. For example, if you have an AMD platform, it may be able to only handle one DIMM per channel.

Keep us posted on your results and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                      X