Asus P5Q and F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5Q and F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK

What are the best settings for this combination?

Asus P5Q
    Intel E8400
    F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK

So far it is stable with these settings:

CPU ratio 7.0
    FSB 444
    Dram Ratio 1067
    DRAM Voltage 2.34
    First set 5 5 5 15 11 46 10 5
    Second set 7 5 5 4 5 4 7
    Third set 18 7 1 5 5

Everything else is AUTO

Thanks

Looks like a nice OC, have you hit the wall on the FSB? With some ASUS boards there is a dead spot of about 13 ticks, so when you feel you've hit the wall (at your 444) if you go up say 5-13 more (449-456 or so) there are problems, but if you make a jump of about 15 (459-460) it regains stability.

Other than that, a couple of options, if you benchmark your RAM now, then you could loosen timings and try for a small speed increase in the RAM.....or.....lower the RAM speed and tighten the timings.........either way might produce a small performance increase that will show up in the comparison benchmarks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wall at 525 FSB

Thank you Tradesman. This setup is stable and I did go to 4 4 4 12. I hit the FSB wall at about 525 FSB so I lowered it to 444 and I have raised it to 475 -495 but that was not stable. This is a good setup and it would run even faster with a faster main hard drive like a Raptor or SSD but I am not sold on SSD just yet. What are your think of SSD just for boot drive? Do they work okay with other SATA drives as data storage or not? Your comments welcome.

Comment

I like em as system drives, I use them for the OS and my primary apps, especially on my systems that aren't on 24/7. If your on on basically 24/7 or you turn it on in the morning and leave it on all day you don't see the advantage as much. With a reg SATA drivem say on in the AM off at night, I'll suggest users boot it up (and maybe while checking e-mail or whatever, go ahead and open the apps you usually use during the day then close them, that puts em in the cache and later in the day as you need them they open faster (about the same as a cold opening with an SSD.

My main system is currently Win7 64 Ultimate on a pair of 64GB SSDs in RAID 0, with Vista 64 Ultimate on another RAID 0, SSD set, then I'm running a pair of reg SATA drives for data and non-essential apps (as well as where all the temp, auto backup, etc are kept for each OS.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X